Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton

Re: Peyton

He's asked his agent to begin contract negotiations with the Denver Broncos.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

"Hi....um, Alex...? This is Jim....Oh, nothing much. Say...um, that whole Peyton thing... I hope you aren't holding that against... hello? Hello?"
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I am somewhat surprised Manning has reportedly opted for Denver. The 49ers definitely have the best supporting cast for Manning and are the most likely team to reach a Super Bowl in the next couple of years among those teams who have pursued Peyton. I'm not sure the Broncos have as much talent as the Titans.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Their offensive line isn't the greatest and their receiving corps isn't exactly outstanding. They could use a #1 receiver and a good pass catching TE.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Their offensive line isn't the greatest and their receiving corps isn't exactly outstanding.
    Reportedly Manning disagrees with you on those two things. There are several analysts who have said that O line is actually a strength for Denver but Tebow made them look bad because he got sacked a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Reportedly Manning disagrees with you on those two things. There are several analysts who have said that O line is actually a strength for Denver but Tebow made them look bad because he got sacked a lot.
    I don't know. There are reports that Peyton will push for at least one change to their O-line: possibly sign Jeff Saturday at C

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I am somewhat surprised Manning has reportedly opted for Denver. The 49ers definitely have the best supporting cast for Manning and are the most likely team to reach a Super Bowl in the next couple of years among those teams who have pursued Peyton. I'm not sure the Broncos have as much talent as the Titans.

As I understand it, Manning has an uncanny ability to make bad teams look good. I submit for your consideration Exhibit A: the 2011-2012 Indianapolis Colts.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Free agency is still ongoing and the draft is next month. Don't assume what the Broncos have today is what they'll have when the season starts.

Also, the Broncos were probably the most willing to give Peyton the kind of control he had with the Colts. Over the years he'd become the de facto OC and on-demand playcaller for Indy; everything about the offense was either his idea or tailored to his liking. The Broncos were going to have to start over anyway when or if they abandoned the Tebow experiment, so why not?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Is it possible that Peyton went to the team with the most money to pay him? It's weird that hasn't been discussed. We all assume that he is signing for purely football reasons, but if that were the case, wouldn't the team that needed just two or three 3rd down conversions to make the super bowl (San Francisco) make more sense?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I assume he just wanted to stay in the AFC. Honestly, his chances are better there.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I think Titans were probably offering the most money. I bet Denver has a better record than SF next year.

part of BBN

As a Bronco fan, I am totally excited. I respected Tebow and was happy for the excitement he added last season. However I also realized without a very good defense , Tebow Time would not have been anyway, as the defense allowed them to make the 4th qtr comebacks plus things like the bears guy running out of bounds etc.
    I aways felt Elway wasnt sold on Tim and a chance to get PM was the "out" he needed.
    With the exception of the win vs Pitt, anytime the Broncs faced a high powered offense, you knew there wasnt much of a chance. (actually I didnt feel they had a chance then)
    For example, when playing NE, I didnt feel there was much of a realistic chance. With PM, I feel with the broncos defense of Miller-Dumerville and co are an instant contender for one of the top AFC teams.
    Great job John for making it happen ! Without him, I doubt it would have.

I will add, once Tenn entered the picture, I thought they were the frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think Titans were probably offering the most money. I bet Denver has a better record than SF next year.
    The only team with more Cap Space than the Broncos this offseason? The Bengals.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    As a Bronco fan, I am totally excited. I respected Tebow and was happy for the excitement he added last season. However I also realized without a very good defense , Tebow Time would not have been anyway, as the defense allowed them to make the 4th qtr comebacks plus things like the bears guy running out of bounds etc.
    I aways felt Elway wasnt sold on Tim and a chance to get PM was the "out" he needed.
    With the exception of the win vs Pitt, anytime the Broncs faced a high powered offense, you knew there wasnt much of a chance. (actually I didnt feel they had a chance then)
    For example, when playing NE, I didnt feel there was much of a realistic chance. With PM, I feel with the broncos defense of Miller-Dumerville and co are an instant contender for one of the top AFC teams.
    Great job John for making it happen ! Without him, I doubt it would have.

I will add, once Tenn entered the picture, I thought they were the frontrunner.
    What's really amazing when you think of it is how far the Broncos have come in less than one yr. Before Tebow took over, the Broncos were a bottom feeder in the NFL and looking at a top 5 or 10 draft pick. Now they're considered Super Bowl contenders and about the only thing that's changed is the QB.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The only team with more Cap Space than the Broncos this offseason? The Bengals.
    Didn't the Bucs have the most cap space?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?