Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Peyton

Looks like it's down between Denver and Arizona now. Seattle couldn't even get an interview with him.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I haven't paid too much attention to the details the last few days, but from what I've seen, my gut says he's going to Denver.

part of BBN

Though I figure the weather would be a bigtime sticking point in the process, I have thought if anyone could sell the mile high city to Peyton , it would be Elway.
    I felt with Eli in same conference, it would come down to Denver and Miami.
    Probably know in the next several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Jets extend Mark Sanchez. Now everyone can shut up about them.
    Now there is how you build a winner. Give a mediocre quarterback who already has two remaining years on his deal a 3-year extension for big money.

The Jets and Sanchez remind me a lot of how The Reds handled Edinson Volquez. They traded Josh Hamilton to get him so by god, he was going to be an ace caliber pitcher come hell or high water - game 1 in the playoffs, opening day the next year.

It's as if The Jets have just decided "Well, we spent a 1st-round pick on him so he's gotta be top tier, right?" To have spent three years in the NFL and not yet had a season QB rating of 80 is pathetic in my book. Especially for a first round draft pick who gets as much hype as he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I hope he goes to the Broncos, it eliminates Tebowmania and I always like the Dan Reeves/Elway Broncos of the late 80's.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I have an old Denver throwback hoodie...couldn't wear it with Tebow...not down here anyway...

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I have an old Denver throwback hoodie...couldn't wear it with Tebow...not down here anyway...
    I used to have Craig Morton jersey years ago. Dont have it now and it for sure wouldnt fit if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Now there is how you build a winner. Give a mediocre quarterback who already has two remaining years on his deal a 3-year extension for big money.

The Jets and Sanchez remind me a lot of how The Reds handled Edinson Volquez. They traded Josh Hamilton to get him so by god, he was going to be an ace caliber pitcher come hell or high water - game 1 in the playoffs, opening day the next year.

It's as if The Jets have just decided "Well, we spent a 1st-round pick on him so he's gotta be top tier, right?" To have spent three years in the NFL and not yet had a season QB rating of 80 is pathetic in my book. Especially for a first round draft pick who gets as much hype as he does.
    Tying themselves to Sanchez longer buys them a little cap space now.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports that the Broncos are now "95 percent sure" they will sign free agent Peyton Manning after he reached out to the team late Sunday night.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

If the Broncos trade Tebow to Jacksonville then everyone wins.

As a Jax guy, let me say "4th round or below" please....

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    As a Jax guy, let me say "4th round or below" please....
    I'm guessing the Broncos don't have a whole lot of leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'm guessing the Broncos don't have a whole lot of leverage.
    Yeah but Jacksonville wants him bad. If DEN can find another team that could serve as a stalking horse, they could leverage the Jags for a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So much for promises that Tebow would go into training camp as the starter...

Tebowmania isn’t going to end anytime soon. Broncos executive John Elway confirmed the obvious on Monday, saying that Tim Tebow has “earned” the right to be the starting quarterback heading into training camp next year.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...training-camp/

Things change in business. No one's guaranteed anything. It was pointless for the Press to try to nail down Elway on Tebow's future

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah but Jacksonville wants him bad. If DEN can find another team that could serve as a stalking horse, they could leverage the Jags for a little more.
    I don't know. They invested a #1 pick in Gabbert. I don't know if they're ready to pull the plug on that and bringing Tebowmania to town is doing exactly that

Turn Off Ads?