Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141

Thread: Peyton

  1. #1
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,624

    Peyton

    Since he's no longer an Indianapolis Colt I think we ought to start a new thread on the travails of one, Peyton Manning.

    I was thinking that Arizona would be the favorite landing spot for him but I also think Seattle will make a big play for him and apparently I'm not the only one:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    I'd retire if I was him. Go out on top, sort of and not have a Emmitt Smith in a cardinals jersey situation.
    Witty signature.

  4. #3
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Peyton

    I'd hate to see him go to the Redskins, who are reportedly going to make a big play for him.

    I think it would make great sense for the 49ers to sign Peyton and Reggie Wayne, but they say they're sticking with Smith.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  5. #4
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Peyton

    It's my guess it comes down to the Dolphins or Cards. Washington may be out due to him not wanting to play against his brother twice a yr, and the Jets are a mess. Should be several teams parked in his driveway come this weekend. My guess is the Dolphins.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  6. #5
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Peyton

    My guess is between the Chiefs and Dolphins with the Texans as a darkhorse. AFC teams to prevent the Mannings from meeting in the playoffs rather than the Super Bowl.

  7. #6
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    899

    Re: Peyton

    I have to admit, I got a little choked up watching the press conference.
    Choo got it, dude.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,202

    Re: Peyton

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    It's my guess it comes down to the Dolphins or Cards. Washington may be out due to him not wanting to play against his brother twice a yr, and the Jets are a mess. Should be several teams parked in his driveway come this weekend. My guess is the Dolphins.
    Where's this idea that he doesn't want to play Eli twice a year? I saw elsewhere that he wouldn't want to go to the NFC because he'd have to face Eli before the Super Bowl.

    Knowing as much about Peyton as I think I do, I'd think he's absolutely thrilled for his brother and is ecstatic about Eli's success. He's also probably ready to show Eli who's still the big brother.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  9. #8
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Peyton

    As a Bronco fan, I would love to see Denver sign him. It would give Elway his type of QB and give Elway an "out" as far as saying Tebow could set under one of the greatest.
    Course I doubt PM would want to play in the cold and snow so much of the time.

  10. #9
    Member Tuff Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NW, Tn.
    Posts
    316

    Re: Peyton

    If he can play, I'd like to see my Chiefs give him a test drive. Casell is kaka, and Pioli is too self obsorbed to make a move for RG3.

  11. #10
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Peyton

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86631

    I took more heat on this thread than I may ever have during my time on Redszone. I stated going into 2011, I'd take 7 or 8 other guys at QB rather than Manning. Alot of it was personal and questioned my intelligence. I never thought it was this bad, but the risk element had to be considered. The guy is 36 for crying out loud. I don't kid myself, I hit the sell button on Manning at the perfect time, but I never could understand on such a "logic-based" board why my opinion was poo-pooed so much.

    11/30/2010 - by kaldaniels

    "I am wondering if an injury or bothersome ailment that hasn't been disclosed is lurking around as well, FYI."

    And some rebuttals to me on my opinion...

    Lets just say I am glad you are not the GM of my favorite football team

    It's obvious you are just a Manning hater

    You sound like Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless

    saying things for attention, or you are just plum crazy. Which is it?

    I mean that with no personal disrespect. I just doubt that person knows anything about this subject.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,635

    Re: Peyton

    nm
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 03-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  13. #12
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,264

    Re: Peyton

    Not a big Manning fan. He was a great player I just really never cared for him going back to his days at UT. Finally both Manning Irsay handled the situation with class. It was a bad soap opera for the better half of two monts when both sides were going back and forth. I didn't really know a whole lot about Irsay before the whole Manning saga but I think as a fan I would really like him as my owner. He seems to connect with his fans better than most owners in all of professional sports.

    As for Manning I almost hope he never plays another down of football again. He was fantastic in his prime, the way he dictated games a the line of scrimage. The way he took complete control of the offense. The way he revolutionized the no huddle offense will be hard to replicate. Now you have a guy who will be 36, coming off 3 neck surgeries, and who missed an entire season. I don't think Manning will be bad, just don't think he will be anywhere near where he wants to be.

    I am pretty confident that Manning is set for his life. I am also pretty confident that if he were to retire he could make upwards of $1-2M doing TV, adds, public speaking, etc. Why risk a neck injury at 36 when you have accomplished everything for your resume.

  14. #13
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Peyton

    I think that modern day and highly skilled college QBs like Cam Newton or Andy Dalton seem to be able to come into the NFL and immediately produce sealed Manning's fate with the Colts.

    Do you use a rehabbing and iffy Manning to ease in Luck or do you just go with Luck? I think the Colts think that Luck can come in and immediately star.

    I also think Manning ought to retire. The whole Colts offense was built around Peyton. It is finely tuned to his skills and he and his receivers worked long and hard to get it tuned. Even if he is totally healthy, I just don't think he can go to another team and immediately replicate what he did in Indy. It will take a year or two and I don't think he has that much gas in his tank. But he will play another year just to prove it to himself that he still can play and I agree that he'll be mediocre at best with a totally new offense and receivers.

    Finally, I thought Manning handled yesterday with total class. That was an enormously difficult day and he had only good things to say about the team, the owners, the front office and the Indy fans. Peyton really is a good guy.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,635

    Re: Peyton

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not a big Manning fan. He was a great player I just really never cared for him going back to his days at UT. Finally both Manning Irsay handled the situation with class. It was a bad soap opera for the better half of two monts when both sides were going back and forth. I didn't really know a whole lot about Irsay before the whole Manning saga but I think as a fan I would really like him as my owner. He seems to connect with his fans better than most owners in all of professional sports.

    As for Manning I almost hope he never plays another down of football again. He was fantastic in his prime, the way he dictated games a the line of scrimage. The way he took complete control of the offense. The way he revolutionized the no huddle offense will be hard to replicate. Now you have a guy who will be 36, coming off 3 neck surgeries, and who missed an entire season. I don't think Manning will be bad, just don't think he will be anywhere near where he wants to be.

    I am pretty confident that Manning is set for his life. I am also pretty confident that if he were to retire he could make upwards of $1-2M doing TV, adds, public speaking, etc. Why risk a neck injury at 36 when you have accomplished everything for your resume.
    I think he has a chip on his shoulder and will probably be very motivated to be very good, I don't think he would play if he could not be good. I am a fan so this statement could just be wishful thinking.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  16. #15
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,624

    Re: Peyton

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86631

    I took more heat on this thread than I may ever have during my time on Redszone. I stated going into 2011, I'd take 7 or 8 other guys at QB rather than Manning. Alot of it was personal and questioned my intelligence. I never thought it was this bad, but the risk element had to be considered. The guy is 36 for crying out loud. I don't kid myself, I hit the sell button on Manning at the perfect time, but I never could understand on such a "logic-based" board why my opinion was poo-pooed so much.

    11/30/2010 - by kaldaniels

    "I am wondering if an injury or bothersome ailment that hasn't been disclosed is lurking around as well, FYI."

    And some rebuttals to me on my opinion...

    Lets just say I am glad you are not the GM of my favorite football team

    It's obvious you are just a Manning hater

    You sound like Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless

    saying things for attention, or you are just plum crazy. Which is it?

    I mean that with no personal disrespect. I just doubt that person knows anything about this subject.
    Par for the course on RZ but it's to early to say if your opinion has been vindicated or not. I can't wait to see how he fares this yr


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25