Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Peyton

Re: Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Even if they are accurate, it seems pretty dumb to say them right before he makes his return. It is a low class move while also creating a distraction his team doesn't need.
    The interview was done in July, not the week before. The media is way out of line on this and amazing it cannot be called out. But that doesnt make for good tv

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Irsay is honestly one of the better owners in football, if he loved attention and the limelight wouldn't he have moved the Colts to L.A. when given the chance? Not much limelight shined on him in Indy.
    My gripe with Irsay has always been personal. Yes for the most part he is a good owner, I just dislike him and wish he would stop trying to bring attention to himself.

Then again we could have Mike Brown so I'd say it could be worse.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Winning is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    The interview was done in July, not the week before. The media is way out of line on this and amazing it cannot be called out. But that doesnt make for good tv
    Do you have a link for that? The only article I found referencing Irsay's comments in July stated that his USA Today interview "echoed" what he said in July, implying that he said them twice.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...nning-comments

Stat geek...and proud

I don't have a problem with what Irsay said. It wasn't really a dig at Manning as much as it was a dig at Polian. If Polian hadn't blown, like, 5 straight drafts in a row then the team wouldn't have been in the toilet when Manning was hurt. You can't be a one man team in football, and the last couple of years Manning was in Indy the team was horrible. They won almost exclusively on his back. That doesn't work.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    And then there are owners who love the attention and the limelight (twitter?) despite never gaining a yard or making a tackle. Daddy's boy fits that criteria very well.

Might make the NFL top 2 list right behind Jerry Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I don't have a problem with what Irsay said. It wasn't really a dig at Manning as much as it was a dig at Polian. If Polian hadn't blown, like, 5 straight drafts in a row then the team wouldn't have been in the toilet when Manning was hurt. You can't be a one man team in football, and the last couple of years Manning was in Indy the team was horrible. They won almost exclusively on his back. That doesn't work.
    We saw the true talent level of that team when Peyton was hurt. Bill's mistake was letting Jr take control of the draft, Bill assembled a good team around Peyton early but the talent level eroded when Chris started drafting.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

8. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-19-2013), Revering4Blue (10-19-2013)

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    My gripe with Irsay has always been personal. Yes for the most part he is a good owner, I just dislike him and wish he would stop trying to bring attention to himself.

Then again we could have Mike Brown so I'd say it could be worse.
    This is my point. Not an attack on his work in the operation to have a winning franchise for many years or his work ethic. I might be called old-fashioned by some, but I like/appreciate an owner who does not draw attention to himself/herself. Even Mike Brown stays out of the limelight. I'd guess other owners roll their eyes when Irsay or Jerry Jones do "their thing". Owners like this seem to have "big mouth disease". We have all known someone who always dominates a conversation and likes to voice their opinions... sometimes controversial. Another (old-fashioned?) unwritten rule kind of a thing for owners... speak only with your money and your choice of employees.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Jim irsay is turning into the idiot his dad was.
    He shouldn't have have harped on the lack of Super Bowl wins but he should have stated that they ended up with a wonderful young QB and that they're getting along fine. Yesterday's win proved that more than anyone could have expressed in words. Irsay was vindicated but his team on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He shouldn't have have harped on the lack of Super Bowl wins but he should have stated that they ended up with a wonderful young QB and that they're getting along fine. Yesterday's win proved that more than anyone could have expressed in words. Irsay was vindicated but his team on the field
    Vindicated for what? Colts fans don't think he should kept Peyton and not drafted Luck. No vindication was necessary for that decision.

Last night's win did not vindicate him for being a jackass.

C'mon, folks!

Irsay's comments were nothing more than a well-deserved (IMO) shot at Bill Polian and, in so many words, state that, if anything, the franchise failed Manning , not the other way around. Having said that, Irsay could -- and should have -- more plain-fully stated that Manning, Harrison, Saturday and company did everything they could and are the last to deserve blame for "only" one Super Bowl win -- as if it is some relatively easy task in a one game winner-take- all scenario.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I am making a prediction and I hope it is not true but I don't think Irsay has been sticking to his 12 step program. Between his recent actions and pictures of him that just make him look tanked, I think Irsay may need help.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I am making a prediction and I hope it is not true but I don't think Irsay has been sticking to his 12 step program. Between his recent actions and pictures of him that just make him look tanked, I think Irsay may need help.
    "So if I get stoned I'm just carryin'
    On an old family tradition"
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

16. Likes:

George Anderson (10-21-2013)

Being a Colts fan, I'm never surprised with Manning. But his win today was what makes him one of the greats. He makes some bad decisions and the Broncos go down 31-7 and they come back and win by double digits. Peyton has never been one to get rattled or worry about being down.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    . Peyton has never been one to get rattled or worry about being down.
    I love Manning but this only holds true for the regular season.

I love Manning but this only holds true for the regular season.
    See afc championship game v Pats in 2006
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?