Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
I am so tired of boorish behavior being excused or rationalized away because a player is so "super" competitive. So if you don't spray the course with f-bombs and kick/throw clubs you don't really want to win badly enough?
That's not what I meant at all. Not everyone is the same obviously, some really competitive people also have problems controlling their emotions. Heck, Bubba Watson has let his emotions get the best of him on the course before.

I just don't think it's as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I don't look for athletes to be something they're not, I just watch to see the best in the world compete against each other on the biggest stage.

Everything about Tiger is hard for people to understand, I don't get why so many people even try. He has lived under a microscope for the majority of his life, and he was raised by his father to thrive in intense competition. Nothing about his life has been normal. He's a workaholic that takes everything to extremes. It's not rationalizing or making excuses, I just think that it's genuinely who he is. Cussing at himself for hitting a bad shot isn't the end of the world or anything, if they're tired of it getting on live tv they should stop with the mics right on him during shots.