Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Got handed 2 passes for Sunday. I hope it's a good one.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

D.A. Points did not start. I guess that is the same as withdrew.

Looked up DNS to be sure and it basically means a player did not start the tournament due to injury, illness etc. Found this link which has answers to virtually every golf question you can think of.

http://www.pgaprofessional.com/askth...ive_index.html
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Tiger is plus two after 16. Already 8 strokes back. He is going to have to struggle to make the cut at this rate. That doesn't even sound right. Tiger struggling to make the cut.

Has Tiger ever missed 2 cuts in a row?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Has Tiger ever missed 2 cuts in a row?
    My money would be on 'no he hasn't'. Let's see if google has an answer.

I did find this.

Last week, Woods missed the cut at the Wells Fargo Championship, a tournament he has won in the past. That was a surprise, since earlier in his career, Woods went 142 tournaments without missing a cut. He has only missed the cut eight times as a professional with two of those being WD, one this year at the WGC Cadillac. Only a couple of days remain before the next examination of Woods' game. Should he miss two cuts in a row, it would be as historic as a victory.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-11-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Commentators just said it would be a first.

Tiger cards a 68 and plays the weekend.

Tiger with an even-par effort on Saturday. -2. Phil stands at -4. Rickie Fowler through down a 66. He stands at -9 and in second with a lot of golfers still out on the course.

I bet players hate playing with Kevin Na.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I bet players hate playing with Kevin Na.
    He's slower than a box of turtles. I personally can't stand playing with guys like him.

That being said, I feel bad for what he's dealing with right now in his head. It's tough to watch. As a pro, and someone who's struggled mentally with this game like many others as have, you don't want to see anyone struggle to swing the club back. I only watched the last 30 minutes today and couldn't believe what I was watching with Na on 18 with his 2nd shot. The only other thing I've seen that was similar was Sergio at the Open at Bethpage a few years back. It's just amazing what the mind can do to you at this game. It's a shame really. This game is almost too hard sometimes.
    Last edited by Redhook; 05-12-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: more to say
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I've obviously never gone through what Na is going through but I can feel for him. I'm sure it's tough for him too. But something needs to be done. This should not be allowed as its not fair to the other players.

Even so, I'm still just amazed that with all of that he's actually leading a big tournament. I've never seen anything like it in sports.

Your time is money, my time is my time. Speed up the rat race?

I still can't believe Na is leading right now. I think it's going to be a very bad day for him. One of the worst days of his life. It could get ugly out there. A few thoughts:

Na may shoot in the 90's. A bad hole early on will destroy him.

What if he withdraws mid-round? I could actually see that happening. From the leader after 3 rounds?

The tournament might not end today, not because of weather, but because of Na's slow play.

Could officials separate Na and Kuchar mid-round when their group is 4 holes behind? Let Kuchar go by himself with an official being his "playing partner". Then Na could finish his round hours or days later.

Na could set the all-time record for penalty shots and slow-play fines.

I hope none of that happens and he somehow shoots a somewhat normal score. I just don't see anything good happening for Na today. I just hope it's not so bad because this could be a career-ending day for him. Hard to believe I'm saying that about a leader, but the mind is a very, very powerful thing.

Stay tuned.

Almost forgot, Kuchar is this year's Player's Champion.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I was thinking the exact same thing, Kyle. Today could be really tough. I'm debating whether to go or not. Both guys I was supposed to go with bailed on me and I'm not sure I want to go witness this anyway.

I give him credit for owning his issues, he knows it's tough for everyone and he's trying to work on it. Really is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in sports.

He's won a tournament before so I think he's felt some pressure before, nothing like this though. I wouldn't be surprised if he won but I'm going with Fowler today. His game looks solid. Kuchar has made a lotta birdies but he's also made some really questionable decisions that led to bogeys.

Turn Off Ads?