Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    IMO, it's over. I think he's going to run away with it. If and when he gets some good breaks instead of all the bad ones he got today, he'll separate himself from the field by multiple shots.
    Oops! I still think tiger will win but he's a bit off today thus far.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oops! I still think tiger will win but he's a bit off today thus far.
    Tiger stunk today. Now, I don't think he'll win. And I'm shocked about that. He was off today And his sand play is horrendous.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Tiger stunk today. Now, I don't think he'll win. And I'm shocked about that. He was off today And his sand play is horrendous.
    Don't take this the wrong way, as you will forget more about golf than I will ever know. And I am cutting to the chase because I don't have a drawn-out post left in me tonight.

But isn't it time we temper our enthusiasm about Tiger's odds of winning Major tournaments? Don't get me wrong I still figure he's got a couple left in him, but it seems like anytime he is playing well, I hear (in one way or another), "It's Tigers tournament to lose". (Not nessicerily from you) Until he steps up again and shows me something in a big way, I'm afraid I'll always take the field over Tiger.

I was so disappointed with how he played today. Really wanted him to get this one.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    But isn't it time we temper our enthusiasm about Tiger's odds of winning Major tournaments?
    Before he played Thursday and Friday, I would've said yes. He looked so good those first two rounds. He was playing golf again, not golf swing. He won at Bay Hill and The Memorial, but he still didn't have "it" from my eyes. Thursday and Friday he looked like the old Tiger on the course.

Don't get me wrong I still figure he's got a couple left in him, but it seems like anytime he is playing well, I hear (in one way or another), "It's Tigers tournament to lose".
    He's played well a few times recently, but I thought he was nearly great the first two rounds.

We're so used to Tiger winning when he's leading. Especially when's he driving it well like he is right now.

Until he steps up again and shows me something in a big way, I'm afraid I'll always take the field over Tiger.
    I actually took the field over Tiger after Thursdays round. After Friday, I obvsiously would've taken Tiger over the field.

Allthough he's not leading and I don't think he'll win today anymore, he's still the best when he's on. I think he'll make a mini-run, but come up short today.

The thing that surprised me the most was how bad his short game was yesterday. It was atrocious. His chipping and bunker play was like a 10 handicapper. His putting wasn't good either as his speed was off most of the day, but it was the poor chips and bunker shots that cost him multiple shots.

If the USGA has some tough pin placements today E or +1 could still win the tournament. Anyone at +5 or better is still in it imo.Tiger will need to come out and make a couple of early birdies to give himself a chance. I don't think there's any shame in Tiger's round yesterday, if you're off just a fraction on that course it's going to tear you up. He hit a lot of quality shots and wasn't rewarded for them.

I think Graeme McDowell is gonna win it. Pressure doesn't seem to affect him at all, and he has a perfect US Open game.

All fair points Redhook, but I think I'm just gonna be a harder sell than most.

I don't think it's logical that he's capable of winning multiple tournaments on tour but somehow isn't capable of winning a major.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't think it's logical that he's capable of winning multiple tournaments on tour but somehow isn't capable of winning a major.
    Who said that?

Tiger starts bogey, bogey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's about time for Tiger's knee to cause him to withdraw. About to double #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pulling for Westwood, but my head tells me GMac.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Another Sunday snooze fest at the US Open. I understand why the USGA does this, but for me personally, it's just so boring to watch. Survival golf is so anti-climactic.
    Last edited by MWM; 06-17-2012 at 10:32 PM.

That random fan in the trophy ceremony was my favorite part.

It was kinda sad to see Furyk collapse like that...oh well, Simpson played some good weekend golf. I know the course was tough, but in those last groups you just kinda get the feeling nobody really played good. Looked like nerves got to a lot of them.

How much money could you have won betting people that Webb Simpson was the 14th ranked golfer in the world?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?