Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

-1 thru 2 for Na. Pretty amazed that he's keeping it together. I'm really rooting for him because he's battling some serious demons. Hate to see anyone deal with this.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fowler with a tough break on 5, wound up with double. He made a questionable decision on the third but it was his 4th that really hurt. It was a pretty basic chip that he left about 15 feet short. Now he's in a big hole that will be tough to dig out of.

Surprised Kuchar really seems to have nothing today. If Na doesn't melt down I think he wins easily.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Some fans there are giving Na a hard time, that's pretty low.

Lotta ppl in the mix still.

No doubt. I hope some other fans put them in their place. There's no excuse for that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

With 4 to go, Kuchar has a 2-shot lead. If he keeps his ball dry, he'll win.

Na is 4 over par today with 4 to go which is pretty good considering. I really didn't think he'd shoot 90 today, but I was thinking about 78 for the over/under. He seems to be doing better with his routine today. I'm glad today wasn't a complete disaster for him today.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Tiger is playing the 18th at Memorial with a 1 shot lead.

His chip in at 16 was absolutely ridiculous.

That was a much more Tiger like tourney. Don't know if its more than a dead cat bounce, but he looked like he could win a lot still today.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

If Tiger would put as much effort into his chipping and putting as he does with his full swing he would shatter Jacks record IMO. If its not broke don't fix it
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

That was one sweet golf shot on 16.

I witnessed all three birdies on the final four holes in person. It was incredible.

Just an FYI, Lee Westwood is going to win the 2012 United States Open Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Just an FYI, Lee Westwood is going to win the 2012 United States Open Championship.
    He should have probably won a few majors by now. I just expect him to lead after 36 or 54 holes and finish with a top 5, that's the norm.

Of the Europeans I like Luke Donald's chances better than anyone.

I always pick Westwood. He seems like an obvious choice here, which is why he probably won't win.

Some interesting pairings this week. Tiger, Phil, and Bubba should be interesting. I don't like this idea, but understand why they did it. I guarantee you the players hate it. Then you Westwood, Donald, and McIlroy. You also have Petersen, Swartzel, and Howell III. That's Charl, Carl, and Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I always pick Westwood. He seems like an obvious choice here, which is why he probably won't win.
    I picked him too amongst co-workers. No chance he wins now.

Turn Off Ads?