Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Tiger can't putt today. You can see him over thinking every one.
    Fun to see Couples up there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Tiger can't putt today. You can see him over thinking every one.
    Fun to see Couples up there.
    It seems like in 2012 Woods has been excellent tee to green. But his putting has been shaky. Augusta is not the place to be with an iffy putter. That being said, he is Tiger Woods so you never know.

There's the cursing on national TV Tiger we all know and love...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    There's the cursing on national TV Tiger we all know and love...
    Tiger will be the first player arrested for assaulting a spectator.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

"Yes, I got hit by a Tiger Woods ball."
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I hope Tiger finds it tomorrow because he's not out of it. No one is.

Anyone see the ball that Woods nearly shanked on16? I don't think that I ever saw Nicklaus do that. He is a mess right now.

8 back after at the midway point is a pretty steep hill to climb. The thing about individual sports, though, is nobody can stop you from making up that ground if you play well. It is Tiger against the course. I would never count him out.

Love seeing Couples in contention. There's no one I'd rather see win. Great to see Phil have a great round and get back into the mix.

Rory is going to be tough to beat. He's my pick right now.

Today is the worst Tiger has looked in a long time. It's like he took several steps backwards. He wasn't just not hitting good shots, he was hitting awful ones. I'm just surprised he wasn't higher than 75.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    8 back after at the midway point is a pretty steep hill to climb. The thing about individual sports, though, is nobody can stop you from making up that ground if you play well. It is Tiger against the course. I would never count him out.
    I think Tiger is toast this week. He's a little off with the driver, way off with his irons, and putting poorly. He's a mess. And, he's very frustrated. I'm usually very optimistic when it comes to him, but I don't see it this week. He looks terrible.

The one thing that stands out the most to me is his iron play. He only hit 7 greens yesterday. Even during his worst driving rounds, he still managed to hit his irons decent. I was shocked at how far right he hit some of his shots. Disappointing to see.

I still love watching Tiger play, but the more I listen to him talk the more I dislike him. He's a complete arse. I actually try to avoid listening to him in interviews now. It'd be nice if he showed just a little bit of humility and gratitude for a change. One day, when he's old and gray and has no friends or family, he'll realize what a jerk he was his whole life. It's a shame.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I'd love to see Rory or Freddie win. Even though Freddie is tied for 1st, I'd put his odds of winning at 100-1. Rory about 3-1.

It's a packed leaderboard. Going into today, there's probably 30 guys with a legitimate chance to win. After today, that number will be cut in half. I'm hoping for an exciting weekend, but like MWM said, with all the hype and anticipation for this year's Masters, I'm kind of expecting a letdown.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Birdie birdie for Tiger on 3 and 4 back to +1. Also had a huge par save on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Birdie birdie for Tiger on 3 and 4 back to +1. Also had a huge par save on 1.
    And then a bogey at 6. He just seems to be treading water this week. Tiger parred both of the par 5s on the front nine. He needs to birdie those to get back in it. Tiger bogies 9. Back to +3. He needs one heckuva back nine here.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.

I think Tiger is done. Couples needs a nice 68 or 69 and its going to be a nice Sunday to watch some golf. Im rooting for Couples big time. He was my dads favorite golfer. Phils still not out of it either tho. The course is in prime condition for some low numbers to be shot today. Id love to see a final group of Couples and Rory tomm.

The course should be in prime condition for a low score, but hasn't given up one yet. Not much moving on moving day in the early going at least.

Turn Off Ads?