Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't like this idea, but understand why they did it. I guarantee you the players hate it.
    I love the pairing. Throws Bubba directly in the fire for the 2nd Major of the year after falling off little bit after his Augusta win. I think Phil truly loves playing w/ Tiger and has played pretty well the last several times they were paired together. As for Tiger, I don't think it matters to him who he plays with. His gallery is going to be huge regardless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's early - just six holes - but the marquee trio is having problems.
    Woods +1
    Watson +2
    Mickelson +3

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It's early - just six holes - but the marquee trio is having problems.
    Woods +1
    Watson +2
    Mickelson +3
    That may not be bad. I have a feeling that E just may be a winning score.

After 16 and we have two lefties in trouble.
    Woods -1
    Mickelson +6
    Watson +8

There's a lot of really good players putting up big numbers.

They're set to go again in a few. I love the US Open!

Tiger just knocked down a birdie and is currently the leader.

Haha this kid is tearing it up. 17 year old Beau Hossler leads by 1 shot.

That was the best and most complete round of golf I've seen Tiger play in a long, long, long time. He's playing awesome. Every part of his game looks great. IMO, it's over. I think he's going to run away with it. If and when he gets some good breaks instead of all the bad ones he got today, he'll separate himself from the field by multiple shots.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Redhook, is it me or did Butch have Phil to where he wasn't going past parallel not too long ago and that's when he was playing his best golf? He's back to way past parallel again and he's all over the place.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    That was the best and most complete round of golf I've seen Tiger play in a long, long, long time. He's playing awesome. Every part of his game looks great. IMO, it's over. I think he's going to run away with it. If and when he gets some good breaks instead of all the bad ones he got today, he'll separate himself from the field by multiple shots.
    I don't think he'll run away with it but you have to like his chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I was hoping Casey Martin would make the cut but it seems he did not. The leader is at 139 and Martin shot 149. I always thought anyone within 10 strokes made the cut. I googled it and everywhere I looked it said the cut at the US Open was low 60 and all players within 10 strokes of the lead. Here is a link to the 2011 US Open scoreboard and if you scroll down to the cut line it reads 'low 60 score and ties plus those within 10 strokes of the leader'.
    Anyone know what happened this year?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was hoping Casey Martin would make the cut but it seems he did not. The leader is at 139 and Martin shot 149. I always thought anyone within 10 strokes made the cut. I googled it and everywhere I looked it said the cut at the US Open was low 60 and all players within 10 strokes of the lead. Here is a link to the 2011 US Open scoreboard and if you scroll down to the cut line it reads 'low 60 score and ties plus those within 10 strokes of the leader'.
    Anyone know what happened this year?
    Just top 60 and ties this year. They said the change was because with the ten shot cut at this tournament they were afraid of a ton of guys making the weekend. They didn't want to send groups off on two tees for Sat and Sun.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Redhook, is it me or did Butch have Phil to where he wasn't going past parallel not too long ago and that's when he was playing his best golf? He's back to way past parallel again and he's all over the place.
    True. Phil's getting sloppy again.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Seeing how this course plays, I can see how Bubba missed the cut.

Turn Off Ads?