Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

So glad to see Ernie win another. Almost as glad to NOT see Stevie Williams collect another flag. I normally would pull for A. Scott but haven't been able to since he picked S.W. up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't like hoping for the collapse of another golfer. I've rarely rooted "against" one before. But with Scott I find myself wanting very badly for him not to win. He's a good guy and very likeable but I also can't stand Stevie and didn't want to see him celebrating.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

That went from being one of the most boring majors I've watched in a long time to "wow, what just happened?". That was crazy. It was over and then it was over with a different outcome. Weird. Good for Ernie. I feel bad for Scott.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

That is the British Open to a tee for you. Scott plays very well but misses a couple of short puts coming in and the pressure is on. The courses aren't all that difficult over there but if you get up against the lip of a bunker you are SOL.

It should have made every golfer feel better about there game seeing Tiger in the bunker on that par 3. He almost hit himself then had to play a shot off his knees. How many weekend warriors have done something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    That is the British Open to a tee for you. Scott plays very well but misses a couple of short puts coming in and the pressure is on. The courses aren't all that difficult over there but if you get up against the lip of a bunker you are SOL.

It should have made every golfer feel better about there game seeing Tiger in the bunker on that par 3. He almost hit himself then had to play a shot off his knees. How many weekend warriors have done something like that?
    This particular weekend warrior knows when to admit that sometimes you have to go backwards rather than challenge a pot bunker when you're snugged up against the front of it.

I am thrilled to see Ernie Els win. Got a big soft spot for him because we are both parents of the kids on the Autism spectrum, but also I just love watching him swing a golf club.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Ten-year old makes the U.S. Women's Amateur Championship.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/spo...womens-amateur

The way Tiger is playing in practice this week, I am gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't hit one bunker this week.

I'll have money on Kyle Stanley, Jason Dufner and Steve Stricker.

Failing that i'm hoping for any Aussie and my mate K.J Choi.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    I'll have money on Kyle Stanley, Jason Dufner and Steve Stricker.

Failing that i'm hoping for any Aussie and my mate K.J Choi.
    I'm also on my boy Stanley, as well as Robert Garrigus.

I am pretty confident that neither Stanley nor Garrigus nor Stricker nor Dufner will end up in a bunker this week as well.

http://www.golf.com/video/2012-pga-bunker-rule?sct=hp5

Rory McIlroy finishes five under and is the leader in the early leader in the clubhouse. John Daly is one stroke back. Joost Luiten has six birdies and an eagle and is sitting at -8 through 14. Tiger finishes at -3.

Dufner +2 (F)
    Stricker +2 (17)
    Stanley +1 (2)
    Garrigus +2 (F)

It appears that I may have jinxed Joost Luiten as he finishes bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey.

For the times, they are a-changin'.

For the first time in its 80-year history, Augusta National Golf Club has female members.
    The home of the Masters, under increasing criticism the last decade because of its all-male membership, invited former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South Carolina financier Darla Moore to become the first women in green jackets when the club opens for a new season in October.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-20-11-00-47

Good for Sergio.

Sergio Garcia claimed a two-stroke victory Monday in the rain-delayed Wyndham Championship to earn his first PGA Tour victory since the 2008 Players Championship.
    Read more: http://www.golf.com/ap-news/sergio-g...#ixzz2478wfMwZ

Turn Off Ads?