Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Tiger off to a hot start at 4-under for the day and 7-under for the tournament after 7 holes in the second round. He sits just two strokes off the lead. Is it just me or are there a ton of good golfers these days. The leaderboard shows Dufner, Woods, Watson, Garcia, Singh, Poulter, Rose and Choi all in the top ten. Nevermind that McIlroy, Westwood, Donald and Mickelson aren't in the field. Just a bunch of players that can go low out there now. Graeme McDowell was at even par after the first round and cards a nine-under on Friday to grab a share of the lead.

Tiger must have that putter going. He has hit every green in regulation today through seven holes. He has birdied 4,5,6 and 7. He averaged 2.0 putts per hole yesterday. Today, so far, he is at 1.571.

Correction. Phil is in the field, muddling along at ever par.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great day for Tiger. Still not feeling it for the weekend so something just tells me it's not going to happen. Don't know why, but he may prove me wrong.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Hopefully, Tiger holds his one-stroke lead. Just builds the anticipation up that much more for The Masters.

Tough break for Tiger on 15 or he'd likely have a 3 shot lead. Apparently some kid fainted which caused some lady to yell when he was on his backswing. That's going to cause anyone to "flinch" as he put it. That was one ugly tee shot.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Headed to Augusta on Monday for the practice round. Excited doesn't really describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Headed to Augusta on Monday for the practice round. Excited doesn't really describe the feeling.
    That's awesome. I'm a little jealous. Being a PGA Member, I can go for free, but with 2 young kids my time is very limited.

Share some pics!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Phil Mickelson with a first-round 65 at Redstone. That is a beautiful course. Of course, the same can be said for all PGA tournament venues.
    Shaping up to a be a memorable Masters next weekend.

Mickelson just missed a putt that looked to be about 12 inches. It couldn't have been more than a foot and a half. It was for birdie on a par 5 where he hit a brilliant second shot to about 15 feet for an eagle putt.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Mickelson just missed a putt that looked to be about 12 inches. It couldn't have been more than a foot and a half. It was for birdie on a par 5 where he hit a brilliant second shot to about 15 feet for an eagle putt.
    He seems to miss a ton of short putts.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He seems to miss a ton of short putts.
    That's true, but this wasn't really a short putt, it was more a tap in. It would have been given to any weekend golfer as even those guys would almost never miss it. It was a quick brain lapse.

However, it wasn't as short as a putt missed by IK Kim on the 18th green of the Kraft Nabisco today with a 1 shot lead. I was watching live and couldn't believe it. She played lights out down the stretch to take the lead only to mis a putt inside 12". The only other time I've seen anything like that was Scott Hoch at the Masters. She's in a playoff now so I hope she can regain her composure. She looked debastated, and rightfully so.

I had a feeling Mahan was going to win at the end of the day Saturday. He's playing with a confidence he's not had before and looks like he may be starting to realize the potential many thought he's had for years now. Hunter's not my favorite player, but it's nice to see an American golfer on the rise and joining the upper echelon.

Been a heck of a year for Sean Foley with his guys winning 3 of the last 4 weeks.

I like Lee Westwood this week. It would be nice to See Tiger, Rory, Phil, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood all in contention on Sunday. Matt Kuchar would be my darkhorse.

Me, Kyle Stanley, and his caddie

Me meeting Stanley

Me at #12

Adam Scott at #9

I would watch the Masters even if I didn't like golf. Beautiful.

PS Is Adam Scott swinging an invisible golf club? =)

That's awesome Homer. Did you ask Adam if he needed a third?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?