Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Weather not looking good for Thursday and Friday in Augusta.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't recall the last time The Masters felt this anticipated. I've not been more excited for one in years now. That's exactly why I feel it's going to wind up being a big letdown.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Just saw Adam Scott and Steve Williams perform a pretty flawless and dork-free high five after Scott's chip in. Seems the oft derided Woods/Williams high five performance failures were all Tiger.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Went golfing with my dad and brother the other day. Hilarious. I suck so bad it is unreal. I think I am going to go more often
    Let's get weird!

Henrik Stenson at -6 through 10. That should put an end to that nonsense.

No Ernie Els at this year's Masters. He had to win Shell Houston Open to get here. Somehow it doesn't seem right that the Big Easy is missing.

Tiger Woods continuing his strong play. 2-under through 10 holes.

Rory doubles the opening hole.

Henrik Stenson took a quadruple bogey at 18. Dropped him from -5 to -1. Ouch.

Tiger finishes bogey, bogey to end up even par after the first round. Lee Westwood is leading at -4 after his first nine.

Lee Westwood looks to be the first round leader at -5. Tiger let a nice number slip away a little at the end to finish at even par. Phil had a disastrous triple-bogey on 10.

You rarely see Lee Westwood hit a bad putt. Which, I think, is very important at Augusta.

Rory finished at -1 after an opening hole double bogey.
    Michelson rallied a bit after falling to +4 with his triple on 10. Phil birdied 15 and 18 to get back to +2.
    Luke Donald had a rollercoaster round with more downs than ups, finishing at +3.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-05-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Just saw this SI photo from the '65 Masters and thought I'd post it...

From http://www.golf.com/photos/1960s-mas...r-1961-masters

Last edited by Roy Tucker; 04-06-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Rory making his move. 3-under through 7 holes and now just one stroke off the lead. I wonder if Rory going low (assuming he keeps it up) will have any affect on Tiger? Does knowing McIlroy posted a low score add pressure or motivation?

Nice story. Fred Couples at -3. He had five birdies on the front nine, offset somewhat by a couple bogies.

Phil working his way back up the leaderboard with a round of 68 today. He is currently 3 shots back. Rory is at -4 at the halfway point, one stroke back. Henrik Stenson is shaking off that snowman at 18 yesterday and has it back to 3 under at the turn today. Tiger is spinning his wheels early. Birdied one and three and then gave them back at 4 and 6. Even par through 7 and even par on the tournament. Old man Freddie couples had seven birdies on the day and shot a 67. He is co-leader with Jason Dufner, who seems to be shooting a lot of low scores here early in 2012. Sergio
    Garcia, Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood, Miguel Jimenez and Louis Oostzhuizen all one stroke back of the leaders. Oostzhuizen played well last week in Houston.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?