Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Re: Official 2012 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The course should be in prime condition for a low score, but hasn't given up one yet. Not much moving on moving day in the early going at least.
    Brandt Snedeker started the day at +3 and is 5-under par through 16. Justin Rose has moved up the leaderboard, now at -3. But for the most part moving day has been snoozing day so far.

Tiger parred all 9 holes on the back nine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Freddie Couples starts bogey, bogey. Not good. Jason Dufner now leading at -6. Second major in a row that Dufner has been a serious contender at. He lost the 2011 PGA in a playoff. Rory double-bogied the first hole for the second time in three rounds.

Tooting my own horn a little here. Westwood one stroke back and Kuchar two strokes behind the leader. By my typing this they have zero chance of winning the tournament now.

Mickelson and Hanson are on fire today. Oosthuizen is one cool customer as well.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Mickelson got Tiger's 66. Hanson did Phil one better. Enough big names close enough to the lead to make it a dramatic Sunday. Justin Rose had it to 4-under before the wheels came off. Rory with another forgettable round.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-07-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Exciting day. I'm looking forward to hopefully another awesome masters Sunday. Phil is the one to beat now.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

So how long will the PGA stand for Tiger's antics?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Until he retires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Yup, and why wouldn't they? People still watch to see what he does.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Also many golfers do the same stuff Tiger does. They just don't have every shot televised.

Awesome back 9 from Phil. That eagle putt was great.
    Rory surprised me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...GA-Tour-040712

Woods "may" be disciplined for club kick. I hope not. I enjoy his meltdowns.

Love it when Phil is in the thick of things, bringing risk v. reward into play on the back nine at Augusta like no other golfer in the game today.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I still love watching Tiger play, but the more I listen to him talk the more I dislike him. He's a complete arse. I actually try to avoid listening to him in interviews now. It'd be nice if he showed just a little bit of humility and gratitude for a change. One day, when he's old and gray and has no friends or family, he'll realize what a jerk he was his whole life. It's a shame.
    I agree with this. I can hardly watch when he's interviewed. He has this air of entitlement about him that's unmistakable. He has no perspective about the life he lives it seeems. He's such a contrast from pretty much every other golfer out there I just don't like him at all. He's too much of an arse.

But for some reason I can't stop myself from rooting for him. Much like when I've tried to divorce the Bengals, I just can't quit Tiger. I don't know why, but I'll probably continue being a fan.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Holy crap, Oosthiuzen with a double eagle on 2 to take the lead. Just unreal! If he winds up winning we'll be talking about that one for decades.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Oosthuizen at -9. Kuchar, Westwood, Mickelson and Watson all at -7.

Oosthuizen with a double-eagle and Phil with a triple bogey today. There's your tournament to this point.

Turn Off Ads?