Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

NL Central champs

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

The excitement continues, Ohio State is up 2 on Gonzaga with 2:41 left in the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So much for K-State beating the 'Cuse. Big East now 7-3.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Ohio is one UC win away from a much-anticipated Cincinnati-Ohio State NCAA Tournament game. It's been so close several times in the past 20 years but never materialized. Let's make it happen this time, ya?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Ohio is one UC win away from a much-anticipated Cincinnati-Ohio State NCAA Tournament game. It's been so close several times in the past 20 years but never materialized. Let's make it happen this time, ya?
    I would have a very hard time choosing sides in that one. Even so it would be appointment viewing.

Stat geek...and proud
    This Marquette/Murray State game is shaping up to be a classic finish.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    This Marquette/Murray State game is shaping up to be a classic finish.
    Didn't turn out to be a classic, but that game was fun to watch. IMO, Canaan took way too many low percentage shots throughout the game. Murray State seemed reliant on jumpers. They didn't drive to the basket or have much of a post game. Marquette played a pretty good game.

As a Murray State Alum [and current student technically since I'm taking a couple classes] I hated the end of that game. Murray State had a great season and I think if they played Marquette 10 times its probably 5-5 or 6-4, that how closely matched they were.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I didn't even realize Murray State was in Kentucky. My brother went to Morehead, too.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Indiana and VCU are going down to the wire. Indiana just took a 2 point lead with 12.7 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    As a Murray State Alum [and current student technically since I'm taking a couple classes] I hated the end of that game. Murray State had a great season and I think if they played Marquette 10 times its probably 5-5 or 6-4, that how closely matched they were.
    Murray is a really nice team and congradts on a great season. But Marquette had a significant advantage-Jae Crowder.

part of BBN

This Leslie lady that does the sideline reporting for CBS sure isnt Erin Andrews.
    Not ready when they go to her for interviews and then talks slow and holds the mic away from her while talking.....
    Anywho...Cats played a great game tonight offensively !

I must admit that I had lost the faith on the Buckeyes yesterday, had predicted their demise the morning before the game. Glad I was wrong, they played like a #2 seed today.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My wife pronounces Lehigh, "L'high" and was the only one crazy enough to pick them in our pool, which I believe does in fact include a few people currently living in the Dorothea Dix mental institution in Raleigh. But here's the thing that drives me crazy- I used to follow college basketball pretty closely and was always in there at the end of the pool, maybe not winning but always within a couple points. Now that I only watch a handful of games a year, I don't really expect to do well, however I am suddenly way worse at this than my dear, sweet wife, who in the history of our pool has been the well deserved butt of a lot of good natured ribbing due to her unorthodox picks- her explanation of "L'high" she claims is because of her Huguenot roots and she picked Pepperdine in the 2002 Final Four because the school overlooks the beach.
    I love her to death, but now that I'm among the pool dregs, I kind of can't stand having her whip me like a rented mule.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    My wife pronounces Lehigh, "L'high" and was the only one crazy enough to pick them in our pool, which I believe does in fact include a few people currently living in the Dorothea Dix mental institution in Raleigh. But here's the thing that drives me crazy- I used to follow college basketball pretty closely and was always in there at the end of the pool, maybe not winning but always within a couple points. Now that I only watch a handful of games a year, I don't really expect to do well, however I am suddenly way worse at this than my dear, sweet wife, who in the history of our pool has been the well deserved butt of a lot of good natured ribbing due to her unorthodox picks- her explanation of "L'high" she claims is because of her Huguenot roots and she picked Pepperdine in the 2002 Final Four because the school overlooks the beach.
    I love her to death, but now that I'm among the pool dregs, I kind of can't stand having her whip me like a rented mule.
    My mother has beaten me in our family pool for 6 straight years. The only games she watches all year are UK games.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    My mother has beaten me in our family pool for 6 straight years. The only games she watches all year are UK games.
    Sounds like a lovely woman.

Turn Off Ads?