Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The officiating in this entire tournament has been just really, really bad. Inconsistent and just flat-out wrong at times. Very frustrating considering how big these games are for every team.
    You mean like the foul fest during the OSU Syracuse game? The problem I have with the officials is that they are anticipating fouls now. The charge/flop call has gotten out of hand with the semi-circle. I absolutley can't stand when an official makes an emotional call, getting his whole body into it, instead of making the unemotional call.

Overall for the most part 3 of the best teams made the Final 4. OSU, UK, and Kansas are probably the best 3 in the tournament when you take Marshall's wrist and Melo's suspension into consideration. The other region I think everyone knew was up for grabs and I wasn't surprsed to see UL come out of it. After Missouri lost I thought it was going to be a Marquette and MSU final, but shows you how much I know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    You could argue that four of the top five or six programs (in terms of following) will be in New Orleans.

The Top Ten, in no particular order (IMO):
    UNC
    Duke
    KU
    IU
    OSU
    UK
    UofL
    Syracuse
    UConn
    Tennessee

I thought about Arizona, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame for the last spot, but went with the attendance leader among them.
    Tennessee? You talkin' men's basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You mean like the foul fest during the OSU Syracuse game? The problem I have with the officials is that they are anticipating fouls now. The charge/flop call has gotten out of hand with the semi-circle. I absolutley can't stand when an official makes an emotional call, getting his whole body into it, instead of making the unemotional call.
    That was terrible. There were two fouls called against tOSU in the 1st half where the Syracuse player missed a layup and a dunk and no tOSU player touched them but the refs called a foul on them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    You could argue that four of the top five or six programs (in terms of following) will be in New Orleans.

The Top Ten, in no particular order (IMO):
    UNC
    Duke
    KU
    IU
    OSU
    UK
    UofL
    Syracuse
    UConn
    Tennessee

I thought about Arizona, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame for the last spot, but went with the attendance leader among them.
    What are you talking about? If you are talking about programs, wouldnt UCLA be on that list? Went with the attendendance leader for the last spot? You got 4 teams on that list that werent even in the final Top Ten rankings.

But anyways......3 of the 4 in the FF do not surprise me. I thought UK, Syracuse, UNC, OSU, MSU, and Mizzou were the 6 best teams in the country and maybe Baylor and Duke could sneak in there. I am surprised a tad bit about Louisville, but they got a coach that has excelled in this thing.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That was terrible. There were two fouls called against tOSU in the 1st half where the Syracuse player missed a layup and a dunk and no tOSU player touched them but the refs called a foul on them anyway.
    All this flopping is due to the soccer influence. LOL

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Woot! I'm still in first place for my work bracket pool!! Not quite sure how that happened but I plan to enjoy it for as long as it lasts, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Congrats to Thad Matta for finally beating a higher seed in the tournament. You're finally performing better in the tournament than William Buford.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Woot! I'm still in first place for my work bracket pool!! Not quite sure how that happened but I plan to enjoy it for as long as it lasts, LOL
    I'll bet you are. I haven't heard of anyone having three of the four teams left in their brackets. Kudos to you...

My son was 8-8 in the elite 8 and 4-4 with the final four. He is leading the bracket pool at my wife's workplace and it looks like there is no one that can catch him at this point. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    My son was 8-8 in the elite 8 and 4-4 with the final four. He is leading the bracket pool at my wife's workplace and it looks like there is no one that can catch him at this point. Unbelievable.
    NCAA tournament bracket winners are about as random as Super Bowl champions

I watched less college basketball this year than I think ever. In the regular season I saw Ohio State-Duke and part of the Ohio State - Michigan State games.

I'm in the 98th percentile of brackets at Yahoo. 6/8 elite eight and 3/4 final four. It really can be pretty random.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I also cashed two $100 bets in Vegas over the weekend, one on Ohio State -3 and one on Kentucky -8. Better lucky than good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Congrats to Thad Matta for finally beating a higher seed in the tournament. You're finally performing better in the tournament than William Buford.
    At OSU. Didn't he beat Mississippi St. While at X?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Can your rapier wit consider the seed numbers his teams have had during his osu tenure? How do you propose they beat a higher seed in 2007, for example? Or how they may have accomplished that last year as a 1 seed, even if they won it all?

Did you come up with that one on your own or steal it from Jim Rome?
    Last edited by traderumor; 03-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I also cashed two $100 bets in Vegas over the weekend, one on Ohio State -3 and one on Kentucky -8. Better lucky than good.
    Kudos. Don't you just love walking up to the cashier and exchanging little pieces of paper for new crisp bills?

Turn Off Ads?