Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Marquette vs. Murray is going to be a serious game.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not able to watch right now. What exactly happened down the stretch there in the UNCA game?
    Video here.

Clear goaltend not called. Syracuse gets fouled and heads to the line, misses the front end of the one-and-one, but a lane violation is called on the guard coming from the top of the key to rebound. Not sure what the rule is on that, but he hadn't crossed the 3-point line by the time the ball was released (looked like there might have been another violation on the block, FWIW). [Okay, apparently the guys on the outside can't pass the 3 pt. line until the ball hits the rim. So, good call there.]

Up 3 on an inbound, Syracuse throws it away off the reciever's hands. Clearly off Syracuse, ball nonetheless awarded to Syracuse. That one was just blatantly blown, really unfortunate.
    Last edited by jredmo2; 03-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.

The refs can't have a little 'ole 16 beat Syracuse now, can they?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

jredmo2

Postgame, the head of men's officiating talks about the game. Says the lane violation is correct.

He says the inbound call was blown, clearly should have been UNCA's ball. Asked if a foul could have been called on UNCA on the collision, he says fairly categorically that there was no foul due to incidental contact.

How is hip checking someone incidental contact? That was a pretty blatant foul.

part of BBN

Oh well.....I picked WVU as an early upset over Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have a feeling that Boehiem will shortly go the way of Jim Tressel. Lack of control over his program and will be forced out. I wonder if in a year or so the season will be vacated because of Melo being ineligable for longer than once thought.
    Would that mean that Marquette gets the Big East Trophy?

Gonzaga all over the Mounties!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Gonzaga all over the Mounties!
    As much as I hate that I picked WVU to go to the Sweet 16, its still nice to see WVU lose.

Just means Ohio State is likely going to have a cakewalk to the Final Four unless Florida State gives them a game in the Sweet 16. I don't see Syracuse getting by K-State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

My first brackets are always such massive failures. I go in thinking THIS is the one, but then I just end up tearing it apart.

Luckily for me, my other two are doing well.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Iowa State is looking pretty good so far. UK fans were freaking out over UConn but the Cyclones could be a bigger problem.

I still think Kentucky wins. UConn isn't playing defense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    My first brackets are always such massive failures. I go in thinking THIS is the one, but then I just end up tearing it apart.

Luckily for me, my other two are doing well.
    Cheater.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Is not.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Iowa State is looking pretty good so far. UK fans were freaking out over UConn but the Cyclones could be a bigger problem.

I still think Kentucky wins. UConn isn't playing defense at all.
    Alot of the National media were talking up UConn as well. Not all were saying they would beat UK but most all had them in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As much as I hate that I picked WVU to go to the Sweet 16, its still nice to see WVU lose.

Just means Ohio State is likely going to have a cakewalk to the Final Four unless Florida State gives them a game in the Sweet 16. I don't see Syracuse getting by K-State.
    That game reminded me of the last time a Huggins coached team played Gonzaga in the tournament. But this time he didn't get kicked out and the teams radio color guy didn't get kicked out either.

When the brackets came out I would have much rather faced Gonzaga than WVU. That said they put on one of the most impressive performances I saw yesterday. Just completely dominated WVU from the opening tip. I think Sacre can give Sullinger fits and they shoot the ball very good. I just hope when OSU's defensive intensity is turned up they force Gonzaga to struggle.

After watching Syracuse they will be lucky to make it past KSU and then will either face a tougher task with Vandy or Wisconsin. As an OSU another potential matchup with Wisconsin isn't something I want to see.

Turn Off Ads?