Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Ohio State played about as bad as you can play to win by 20 points. I'm sure they either got to or approached 20 turnovers against a 15 seed? Come on. They shot poorly and the defense played lazy. The bench players all played terrible, which is what I think kept the game close. They were throwing the ball away almost every time they touched it, Ravenal couldn't stop fouling. Hopefully they'll pull out their A game and Gonzaga already played theirs. If its similar play to what both teams played in their openers, Ohio State probably gets upset.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    That game reminded me of the last time a Huggins coached team played Gonzaga in the tournament. But this time he didn't get kicked out and the teams radio color guy didn't get kicked out either.

When the brackets came out I would have much rather faced Gonzaga than WVU. That said they put on one of the most impressive performances I saw yesterday. Just completely dominated WVU from the opening tip. I think Sacre can give Sullinger fits and they shoot the ball very good. I just hope when OSU's defensive intensity is turned up they force Gonzaga to struggle.

After watching Syracuse they will be lucky to make it past KSU and then will either face a tougher task with Vandy or Wisconsin. As an OSU another potential matchup with Wisconsin isn't something I want to see.
    Forget the ESPN chatter. The talk on the bracketology shows centered around Gonzaga having to travel so far and the advantage W Va had in taking a short bus ride. I didn't put much stock into that and picked Gonzaga because I thought they were the better team.

However I must add that I got burned with the Wichita St hype.

Yeah I bought into the Wichita State hype as well, forgot that VCU still has Shaka Smart and it's hard to count them out. On top of that I had Davidson winning, Long Beach State in the Sweet 16, BYU winning, and UCONN winning. Needless to say my bracket is dead...I'm the worst at making them. I pick the wrong upsets every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah I bought into the Wichita State hype as well, forgot that VCU still has Shaka Smart and it's hard to count them out. On top of that I had Davidson winning, Long Beach State in the Sweet 16, BYU winning, and UCONN winning. Needless to say my bracket is dead...I'm the worst at making them. I pick the wrong upsets every year.
    My goal is to hit 13 out of 16 on the first day. Yesterday wasn't so hot. I only got 11 but I've only lost two that I had going beyond this round so I'm not throwing in the towel yet...but I'm not bragging either.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Ohio State played about as bad as you can play to win by 20 points. I'm sure they either got to or approached 20 turnovers against a 15 seed? Come on. They shot poorly and the defense played lazy. The bench players all played terrible, which is what I think kept the game close. They were throwing the ball away almost every time they touched it, Ravenal couldn't stop fouling. Hopefully they'll pull out their A game and Gonzaga already played theirs. If its similar play to what both teams played in their openers, Ohio State probably gets upset.
    It was the worst officiated game of the tournament that I saw. The Syracuse refs blew a major call or two, but the officials in the OSU game didn't let either team play. I felt bad for Loyola because 10 mintues into the game OSU was in the double bonus and they were saddled with foul trouble. I think the officials dictated the game and didn't allow either team to play. It was almost as if a whistle was being blown on every possession. Its unfortunate how a quick whistle can really screw up a game, and push it well beyond my bedtime.

USF-Temple... will either team break 50? 45?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    USF-Temple... will either team break 50? 45?
    I would set the over/under at 100. Seriously.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I would set the over/under at 100. Seriously.
    Vegas has it at 122. Easy money.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Forget the ESPN chatter. The talk on the bracketology shows centered around Gonzaga having to travel so far and the advantage W Va had in taking a short bus ride. I didn't put much stock into that and picked Gonzaga because I thought they were the better team.

However I must add that I got burned with the Wichita St hype.
    Maybe Wichita State is actually a really good team. VCU came into the tournament having won 17 of 18 and that one loss in there was a 1 point loss on a last second shot to a 24 win George Mason team.

20 more minutes of intensity please. Don't get complacent.
    Bearcats up 36-17 early in the second half.
    Texas creeping back. 44-30. I worry too much.

SI scoreboard has it spelled C-I-N-C-I-N-A-T-T-I. Is it really that hard to spell?

Under double-digits now 46-37. Eek.

49-46 with 6 minutes to go. 19 point second-half lead just about gone. =(

51-50 with just over 4 minutes left. No margin for error left.

52-52 3:44. FIRE MICK!!! <---Just kidding. But you know it is coming.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe Wichita State is actually a really good team. VCU came into the tournament having won 17 of 18 and that one loss in there was a 1 point loss on a last second shot to a 24 win George Mason team.
    Absolutely. VCU was underseeded by 2 maybe 3 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Absolutely. VCU was underseeded by 2 maybe 3 spots.
    Totally agree. They should have been in that 8/9 slot. Very good team in a very underrated league.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Holy shot selection, Longhorns!

Nice win for the Cats!

Cats execute down the stretch and move on. 65-59.

Turn Off Ads?