Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    A very Ohio Sweet Sixteen. Your turn UC.
    Happy to oblige
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    What a game. UC advances to the sweet sixteen. Four Ohio teams in the sweet sixteen.

Oh right, Bucks and Bearcats get to tee it off now. This should lead to some awkward family moments...

Holy crap

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Oh right, Bucks and Bearcats get to tee it off now. This should lead to some awkward family moments...
    When is the last time they played? 60? 61?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    When is the last time they played? 60? 61?
    There was that matchup in Indy a few years ago when UC had to have Connor Barwin start at center. That one leaves a very sour taste in the mouths of UC fans since it was the first time Ohio State agreed to play since UC beat them in the finals. OSU was at their highest, UC at their lowest.

There was that matchup in Indy a few years ago when UC had to have Connor Barwin start at center. That one leaves a very sour taste in the mouths of UC fans since it was the first time Ohio State agreed to play since UC beat them in the finals. OSU was at their highest, UC at their lowest.
    Oh yeah. Thanks.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Ohio State agreed to play it, but it was also because it was organized by a third party. I don't think Ohio State would have even agreed to playing Cincinnati at home that year in a normally-scheduled game.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Everybody would probably hate college basketball for the rest of its existence if there was a Xavier/Cincinnati championship game.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I think it's going to be fun to watch Sullinger and Gates in the paint.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I think it's going to be fun to watch Sullinger and Gates in the paint.
    Quite frankly I think Gates will out play Sullinger. Sullinger is a much better offensive player, but I think Gates will cancel Sullinger out. This matchup is about the other guys. Both teams are capable of good defense, and both teams are capable of playing great/terrible offense. Anyone that claims that one team has an edge is fooling themselves. It will be a fun game to watch, but why did this have to be the late game?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Ohio State agreed to play it, but it was also because it was organized by a third party. I don't think Ohio State would have even agreed to playing Cincinnati at home that year in a normally-scheduled game.
    Why is that? Why has it been decades since UC and OSU played each other? I know you hvae more insight than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Why is that? Why has it been decades since UC and OSU played each other? I know you hvae more insight than I do.
    I think some duffel bags might have something to do with it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ohio State fans will tell you it has to do with unpleasantness over recruiting.

Suffice it to say, there aren't many people in the AD's office in Clifton -- past or present -- that buy that excuse.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Ohio State fans will tell you it has to do with unpleasantness over recruiting.

Suffice it to say, there aren't many people in the AD's office in Clifton -- past or present -- that buy that excuse.
    OSU isn't keen on playing any in-state school that could beat the Bucks. I think that's the bottom line.

Turn Off Ads?