Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

If I were a fan of the Badgers, I would be livid. But, live by the stall, die by the stall I guess. Talk about frittering away the last two minutes of the clock. They were playing as if they had a lead to protect.

So, Bo, "DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!"
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

This defense pitino has put together is impressive. I wanted him fired a month ago but he's done a terrific job of stabilizing the offense which combined with terrific defense has Louisville shocking everyone.

Nice start for the Buckeyes. Moving the ball very well.

Louisville and the winner of Florida/ Marquette should be a very interesting game.

The teams must have switched jerseys at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The teams must have switched jerseys at halftime.
    Nope. Who would want to wear those ugly Bearcat unis?

How is that a "basketball play" but Will Sheehey just bringing the ball across his face a flagrant foul?

I don't like the idea of the officials going to the video to decide fouls after they happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

jredmo2

Well, good season by UC. 2 horrifying weeks until opening day. guess I'll talk to my family or something

That 2nd half of the OSU/UC game was quite the roller coaster ride. Much of what I considered to be advantage Buckeyes played out that way except for Buford being a non-factor. UC doesn't shoot the ball well, their % was a little skewed by the run in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, but for the game, the rims and boards were getting nervous, lots of bricks. Of course, their hot streak coincided with the Buckeyes missing a few shots and throwing the ball around. In the end, they couldn't stop Sullinger or Thomas, no answers, and could not hit a few late shots to make the Buckeyes pay for missed FTs. In the end, the steal that was the difference in the Florida St. game became their downfall in this game.

But I gotta say, I was really, really nervous when it was sitting at UC up 4 with under 10 to play. I thought it was going down to the wire.

Can OSU beat Syracuse? Probably comes down to Buford and Thomas hitting shots and Thomas and Sully cleaning up on putbacks.

Now that we have Syracuse between the Bucks and Final 4, something has been bugging me about Syracuse and their #1 seed. I haven't seen this discussed, but I think it was very shady that the timing of the Mello ineligibility came AFTER the seeding, hours after the seeding for the tourney. I'm sure Syracuse knew that he was going to be ineligible and should have disclosed that development BEFORE the seeding came out, not after they got their seed.

As a result, they get an easier run to the Sweet 16 than if they drop down to a 2-4 and buy time to adjust. Maybe the seed isn't changed, but I have to think that it would have raised the questions. I guess at least Syracuse would avoid vacating tourney wins, but I think it is just more evidence of the teflon, shoulder shrugging "I don't know anything, I just work here" Boeheim being a conniving, bald headed little cheater that has been flying under the radar for years.

I really hope the Bucks end their run with an ugly beatdown Saturday, firing up bombs over the zone from all over the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    While I agree that Syracuse can smother you, Wisconsin let them. They simply were essentially settling for a 3 point attempt with 15 seconds left and down by 1. Just poor execution.
    Learned after the game that they don't have Bergmann in the game, didn't get him in the game in time, Ryan claims he had to save his TO for inbounding the ball. Somebody screwed up.

Ryan and Izzo getting dumped on the same nights Very cool. Two constipated, whining, pained expressions gone from the sidelines til next November.

I really need to quit listening to the talking morons Syracuse just shredded my bracket in these last couple rounds after listening to the idiots at ESPN and having them lose to KSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Another thought on expectations vs. how the game played out. The game was not at all physical. I really expected UC to play that angle when the whole world knows that Ohio State can be rattled with rough play, and after watching the UC/FSU rugby match, I was sure UC would try to ugly up the game. Never happened.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Now that we have Syracuse between the Bucks and Final 4, something has been bugging me about Syracuse and their #1 seed. I haven't seen this discussed, but I think it was very shady that the timing of the Mello ineligibility came AFTER the seeding, hours after the seeding for the tourney. I'm sure Syracuse knew that he was going to be ineligible and should have disclosed that development BEFORE the seeding came out, not after they got their seed.

As a result, they get an easier run to the Sweet 16 than if they drop down to a 2-4 and buy time to adjust. Maybe the seed isn't changed, but I have to think that it would have raised the questions. I guess at least Syracuse would avoid vacating tourney wins, but I think it is just more evidence of the teflon, shoulder shrugging "I don't know anything, I just work here" Boeheim being a conniving, bald headed little cheater that has been flying under the radar for years.

I really hope the Bucks end their run with an ugly beatdown Saturday, firing up bombs over the zone from all over the floor.
    I have seen that discussed on other boards and it does make you raise your eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Another thought on expectations vs. how the game played out. The game was not at all physical. I really expected UC to play that angle when the whole world knows that Ohio State can be rattled with rough play, and after watching the UC/FSU rugby match, I was sure UC would try to ugly up the game. Never happened.
    That was a coaching decision. Mick decided to start the game in a zone which really takes UC's physicality out of it. You can't really bump a guy if your not guarding him rather a zone. I think it was a tactical move based upon the way OSU dealt with Gonzaga's zone but one that backfired. UC just couldn't find Thomas and OSU moved the ball very well to find the open shooter. Smith Jr. also knocked down some very big shots early in the game.

The game played like I expected it to and I got pretty nervous when UC took the lead and then Buford went down with 4 fouls with about 10 minutes to go. When I heard the guys on TV saying that UC is shooting 80% during their run I took a deep breath and knew it couldn't continue. I am somewhat surprised that Mick didn't continue the high ball screen with Wright and Parker getting the Wright Thomas mismatch. Wright really exploited that hitting a couple of 3's to close the gap.

In the end I think it was Craft's defensive pressure, I wonder if Wright has Craft in his nightmares last night, Sullinger making a few key shots to thwart UC's run, and Thomas posing a gigantic mismatch that was exploited. While Buford had a very lackluster game, one that could have been his final college game, he nailed a huge 3 that really gave OSU a boost. Its such a pure shot when he takes the handoff coming off the wing.

I give UC a heck of a lot of credit. It was sad seeing them walk off the court knowing they lost to the only team I would ever root against them for. I give a lot of credit to Dixon and Gates who came into a messy situation and helped Cronin turn that program around. It was nice to see Dixon hit his last college shot, albeit a garbage time jumper.

Turn Off Ads?