Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

As much as I love him, words cannot describe how mad I was at DJ Cooper for continuing to shoot when he had Offutt and Kellogg, who basically couldn't miss, begging for the ball.

I have refused to listen to any and all people trying to give me the, "well, it was a good run and you should be proud of them," line. Not only should OU have won that game, it shouldn't have been that close. When the Bobcats figured out how to deny the entry passes to Zeller and Henson, the game should have been over.

Its a good thing UK won or my kids would have learned the definition, contextual, and syntactical use of some colorful words and expressions they have never before experienced.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Awful call against Baylor.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Awful call against Kentucky.

Going to be a blue-blooded final 4. Louisville will have the fewest F4 appearances of the bunch with 9. That's pretty stout.

UK just moved ahead of UNC by one game for most wins all-time in NCAA tournament (109).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Going to be a blue-blooded final 4. Louisville will have the fewest F4 appearances of the bunch with 9. That's pretty stout.
    Certainly, it's a change from last season.

Wonder what the ratings will be nationally?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Certainly, it's a change from last season.

Wonder what the ratings will be nationally?
    Huge.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

It amazing that when the Wisconsin types disappear from a tournament the quality of play rises exponentially. I feel like there should be some minimum points per game threshold to be an "At Large" bid. Conference winners still get automatic bids, but you need to prove that you can actually entertain an audience with basketball to be invited to play.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

You could argue that four of the top five or six programs (in terms of following) will be in New Orleans.

The Top Ten, in no particular order (IMO):
    UNC
    Duke
    KU
    IU
    OSU
    UK
    UofL
    Syracuse
    UConn
    Tennessee

I thought about Arizona, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame for the last spot, but went with the attendance leader among them.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

You could argue that four of the top five or six programs (in terms of following) will be in New Orleans.

The Top Ten, in no particular order (IMO):
    UNC
    Duke
    KU
    IU
    OSU
    UK
    UofL
    Syracuse
    UConn
    Tennessee

I thought about Arizona, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame for the last spot, but went with the attendance leader among them.
    Oops
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 03-25-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Didn't read whole post

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I got three of the Final Four teams right on my bracket. Maybe I won't be in such bad shape after all when we get our round 2 update tomorrow for my work pool!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    It amazing that when the Wisconsin types disappear from a tournament the quality of play rises exponentially. I feel like there should be some minimum points per game threshold to be an "At Large" bid. Conference winners still get automatic bids, but you need to prove that you can actually entertain an audience with basketball to be invited to play.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    It used to be what I referred to as Big Ten basketball but this season it seemed many Big East teams was going to it as well. As one commentator said the other day on ESPN radio, South Florida is a good story but do you really want to see that brand of basketball advance ?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Awful call against Baylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Awful call against Kentucky.

The officiating in this entire tournament has been just really, really bad. Inconsistent and just flat-out wrong at times. Very frustrating considering how big these games are for every team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

I am in no way a UofL fan but there were a couple of occasions where Fla should have been called for 5 seconds inbounding ball violations. This is in addition to the bad T on Pitino.

Turn Off Ads?