Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

I still say the last few weeks is some of Pitino's finest work ever.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, nevermind, then.

Thad Matta and the tOSU team vaporlocked.

Really poor coaching. Really poor thought process by every one of those guys.

Wow.

That's just nuts.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 03-31-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Well, nevermind, then.

Thad Matta and the tOSU team vaporlocked.

Really poor coaching. Really poor thought process by every one of those guys.

Wow.

That's just nuts.
    That might have been the most horrible ending for tOSU. It's pretty bad when Clark Kellogg, an Ohio State homer, is calling out the team for arguing with the officials instead of fouling and letting the clock run out.

I was worried about Ohio State, but after watching the game I was hoping they would win. Kansas is the more athletic team and I think Kentucky would have beaten Ohio State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The last few possessions were bad, but the story was that they went cold in the 2nd half to where the last two minutes would have been shooting free throws instead of high pressure possessions where you need a bucket. They missed some open shots. Craft challenging the big guy on the penetration several times didn't help either. The final turning point was when Craft had the shot blocked with about 2 minutes left on a possession where they had a chance to go up 5. It all fell apart from there.

Now for the final, unless Robinson has a historic game, it'll be Kentucky winning going away. I expect a beatdown.
    Last edited by traderumor; 03-31-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Well, winning my work bracket pool was fun while it lasted. It's not going to happen now. *sigh*

(((Buckeyes)))
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The last few possessions were bad, but the story was that they went cold in the 2nd half to where the last two minutes would have been shooting free throws instead of high pressure possessions where you need a bucket. They missed some open shots. Craft challenging the big guy on the penetration several times didn't help either. The final turning point was when Craft had the shot blocked with about 2 minutes left on a possession where they had a chance to go up 5. It all fell apart from there.

Now for the final, unless Robinson has a historic game, it'll be Kentucky winning going away. I expect a beatdown.
    Ohio State was headed towards a beatdown, up 13 in the 2nd half. Things didn't go as expected.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Ohio State was headed towards a beatdown, up 13 in the 2nd half. Things didn't go as expected.
    The 13 point leads happened in the 1st half.

I don't think the OSU-KU game really even mattered. I was disappointed the Bucks lost, but in my opinion UK is going to slaugther Kansas just as they would have done to OSU. They're the best team in college basketball and they have been all year. I don't even think it's close to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think the OSU-KU game really even mattered. I was disappointed the Bucks lost, but in my opinion UK is going to slaugther Kansas just as they would have done to OSU. They're the best team in college basketball and they have been all year. I don't even think it's close to be honest.
    Agreed. A full strength Syracuse team may have made things interesting but otherwise UK is in a class all by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    OSU has not been blown out all year, so I figured they would have a nice comfy 10 point loss where they never had a legitimate chance, similar to the 2007 UF loss. But I didn't see them getting overwhelmed. Kansas won ugly last night, they lose by double digits if Ohio State played similar halves.

I just think it will get ugly as Davis takes away Robinson. Ohio State didn't have the interior D to do that (a weakness I have on record somewhere, prob. the Buckeyes thread). UK does. And Kansas literally has nothing else.

I just found out that if UK wins tonight I win my bracket challenge with some friends and $440. I stopped checking it after the first weekend assuming I was out of it. Lol. So go Big Blue.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I just found out that if UK wins tonight I win my bracket challenge with some friends and $440. I stopped checking it after the first weekend assuming I was out of it. Lol. So go Big Blue.
    Sell out
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Sell out
    It doesn't feel good, but a little cash would make it go down easier.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Can they tip this game already? It should have started an hour ago.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Who gets this title in 2015? I assume Bill Self and KU won't take it.
    Last edited by Cedric; 04-02-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?