Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Re: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Grandal was sent down. He was hitless in his lone plate appearance and played an inning and a third behind the dish.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Grandal was sent down. He was hitless in his lone plate appearance and played an inning and a third behind the dish.
    Yeah!!! Reds won the trade!
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Aside from giving up six bombs already, Wood has pitched passably in Wrigley. Sappelt and Torreyes are still OPSing under .600. Boxberger is still missing bats in AAA (and the plate, too). Edinson Volquez leads the NL in starts and walks, but his overall stats are fairly good despite the Padres being 4-8 when he pitches. Yonder Alonso has been one of the Pads' better hitters this year, but that's about as faint of praise as it gets. However, his 102 OPS+ is third among the team's starting eight. He's also fifth in the league in doubles.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Volquez K-rate is down by 1 this year, he still walks a ton, and has averaged slightly less than 6 innings per start, with a 4.33 xFIP. He is being saved by a .271 BABIP and HR/FB rate half his lifetime average.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    All of whom were vital cogs in the Mat Latos deal.
    As were Wood and Sappelt? This thread was the only one open that dealt with trades and how ex-Reds were doing. I thought seeing 3 Ex-Reds at the top of the AL home run board was kind of amazing. I guess the honest question is do you open a new thread for just a short comment like that or do you put it in a thread that has talked about lots of former Reds players including Encarnacion in earlier posts?
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    As were Wood and Sappelt? This thread was the only one open that dealt with trades and how ex-Reds were doing. I thought seeing 3 Ex-Reds at the top of the AL home run board was kind of amazing. I guess the honest question is do you open a new thread for just a short comment like that or do you put it in a thread that has talked about lots of former Reds players including Encarnacion in earlier posts?
    At least Wood and Sappelt are in the subject title. For the record, it doesn't bother me at all that you're posting itt about ex-Reds. I just thought this thread was intended for discussion of players who were dealt this off-season.

I don't mind at all tracking ANY ex-Reds in this thread. All past trades are graded years down the road in some cases. And I always like Edwin - as maddening as he could be - it's nice to see him succeeding finally.

-The Insider-

Box got called up by the Padres.

Box pitched a scoreless inning last night for the Padres 0 H 1 K, 1 BB. Congrats
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Stat geek...and proud
    Alonso accounted for the only run in a 1-0 win tonight with a solo jack.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I don't mind at all tracking ANY ex-Reds in this thread. All past trades are graded years down the road in some cases. And I always like Edwin - as maddening as he could be - it's nice to see him succeeding finally.
    I'm really glad this thread survived the early criticism.People are amazed that I know how these guys are doing along with the level and team they're playing for.Thanks to all that has contributed.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I'm really glad this thread survived the early criticism.People are amazed that I know how these guys are doing along with the level and team they're playing for.Thanks to all that has contributed.
    Thanks.

Boxberger is the one I still wish we could have kept out of that trade-hope he does well in SD.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I gotta tell you I'm absolutely shocked about Edwin Encarnacion. I always thought the guy was a bum when he played for the Reds and was thrilled when he was traded. I'm eating some serious crow on that one. Although, I have no question he won't even come close to keeping up this pace.

Don't look now, but Adam Dunn leads the majors in Home Runs. His next Home Run will be career Home Run number 389 which will tie him with Red's career HR leader Johnny Bench for 56th on the all time list.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?