Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Re: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    All my fault. I wanted to quote just one part of TRF's original post and so I had to edit where the quote/quote tags were. I screwed that up, so anyone who quoted my post wound up with a screwed up quote as well.
    Holy crap, Doug admitted he was wrong/did something wrong.

Mark this down as a glorious day in history.

2. Likes:

Benihana (07-26-2013),westofyou (07-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    Holy crap, Doug admitted he was wrong/did something wrong.

Mark this down as a glorious day in history.
    I was unaware that my brother posted on Redszone. He literally marks it down on his calendar.

If we are tracking Donnie Joseph he made his MLB debut Thursday and pitched Friday as well.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Considering how it got started, does anyone else find it a bit ironic that this thread is over a year old and approaching 900 post?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Considering how it got started, does anyone else find it a bit ironic that this thread is over a year old and approaching 900 post?
    How so?

EDIT: Oh, never mind, now I see what you are saying. Plenty of folks calling this thread a non-starter from the get-go. And yet, here we are, still going strong 900 posts later!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Whats the story with AK?
    I don't know if it has anything to do with his current family problems but his son was diagnosed with autism when Kearns was in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't know if it has anything to do with his current family problems but his son was diagnosed with autism when Kearns was in Cleveland.
    That's unfortunate. Hopefully they got early intervention for the kid. Autism treatment has come a long way over the past decade.

Thought I'd keep this thread alive with a few tidbits on Ex-Reds:

1. Willy Taveras (my favorite) was released from the Royals AAA roster.
    2. Chris Valaika cleared waivers and was outrighted to the Marlins AAA team.
    3. Chris Dickerson is in DFA limbo, but rumored as headed to Philly with Revere injured.
    4. Adam Dunn with a hit and 2 walks today sits at .212/.318/.458/.775 with 24 HR. He has 430 Career HR. He's 44th on the All Time list and his next will tie him with Cal Ripken Jr. for 43rd. His 1218 Walks are 53rd on the career list. His 2145 K's are 4th All Time.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Didi is now at .280/.346/.407/.753. Figure the .SLG number will continue to fall.
    A month later, Didi is now at

.270/.337/.392/.728

Which is still a nice line overall for a SS, but indicative that he was playing over his head in April/May and that we didn't trade away an obvious superstar SS.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    A month later, Didi is now at

.270/.337/.392/.728

Which is still a nice line overall for a SS, but indicative that he was playing over his head in April/May and that we didn't trade away an obvious superstar SS.
    Don't want to suggest Didi will be a superstar or that it was a bad trade. Just in the interest of the facts and inevitable comparison with Cozart: Didi, 23, Cozart, 28.

13. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Don't want to suggest Didi will be a superstar or that it was a bad trade. Just in the interest of the facts and inevitable comparison with Cozart: Didi, 23, Cozart, 28.
    Another fact is that it took DG to get Choo. Imagine where this team would be without Choo?

I would imagine a lot more than 6.5 back and 4.5 up in the WC.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Another fact is that it took DG to get Choo. Imagine where this team would be without Choo?

I would imagine a lot more than 6.5 back and 4.5 up in the WC.
    True but just to play devil's advocate, what does the team look like if we don't have Choo next year and still have to play Cozart instead of having Didi?

Mind you I still make that trade 1000 times out of 1000.

Didi's an upgrade over Cozart, but the difference between them isn't a real game changer. I was never sold on Cozart as a long term solution and liked Didi as competition, but obviously Arizona only wanted to do the deal for Didi so c'est la vie.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=balent001wla

In 80 games this year, Wladimir Balentien has 38 homers, 84 rbi, 61 bb/62 k and a line of .319/.440/.763/1.203. Not bad, shame he is in Japan and not in the Reds LF.

Here is a homer he hit earlier this year, I love that weird thing they do in the stands with the umbrellas/parasols. (It only takes him a Billy Hamilton-esque 27 seconds to race around the bases.

Lest we forget his 09 stint with the Reds
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=6965479
    Last edited by klw; 08-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

18. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-05-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=balent001wla

In 80 games this year, Wladimir Balentien has 38 homers, 84 rbi, 61 bb/62 k and a line of .319/.440/.763/1.203. Not bad, shame he is in Japan and not in the Reds LF.

Here is a homer he hit earlier this year, I love that weird thing they do in the stands with the umbrellas/parasols.

Lest we forget his 09 stint with the Reds
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=6965479
    Always thought the Reds should have kept the man.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Turn Off Ads?