Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Balentien is getting 7.5M from 2014-2016 with his current team.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Balentien is getting 7.5M from 2014-2016 with his current team.
    Wow. Didn't know that. Good for him.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-05-2013)

Balentien is getting 7.5M from 2014-2016 with his current team. He is only getting $950,000 this season.

6. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-05-2013)

I was a fan of Wlad as well who raged when Dusty played Darnell McDonald and whoever over him in 09. Glad he's gonna get paaaaaaid.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

dougdirt (08-05-2013)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eals-in-japan/

According to Tim Dierkes, the Swallows have re-signed outfielder Wladmir Balentien to a three-year, $7.5 million contract, outfielder Lastings Milledge to a three-year, $4.4 million contract and reliever Tony Barnette to a two-year, $3.2 million contract.

Balentien hit .272/.386/.572 with a Central League-high 31 homers last year in his second season in Japan. Milledge hit .300/.379/.485 with 21 homers. The two were easily the Swallows’ best hitters; no one else on the squad managed an .800 OPS.

Barnette had 33 saves and a 1.82 ERA as the team’s closer.

While there probably weren’t any major league teams craving another shot at Milledge or Barnette, Balentien likely would have drawn some interest had he waited another year and chosen to return to the United States. The 28-year-old disappointed in his early major league stints, but he hardly embarrassed himself. After getting traded away from the Mariners and out of Safeco, he hit a respectable .264/.352/.427 in 110 at-bats for the Reds in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=balent001wla

In 80 games this year, Wladimir Balentien has 38 homers, 84 rbi, 61 bb/62 k and a line of .319/.440/.763/1.203. Not bad, shame he is in Japan and not in the Reds LF.

Here is a homer he hit earlier this year, I love that weird thing they do in the stands with the umbrellas/parasols. (It only takes him a Billy Hamilton-esque 27 seconds to race around the bases.

Lest we forget his 09 stint with the Reds
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=6965479
    #13 pitches like a girl though.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

11. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-15-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=balent001wla

In 80 games this year, Wladimir Balentien has 38 homers, 84 rbi, 61 bb/62 k and a line of .319/.440/.763/1.203. Not bad, shame he is in Japan and not in the Reds LF.

Here is a homer he hit earlier this year, I love that weird thing they do in the stands with the umbrellas/parasols. (It only takes him a Billy Hamilton-esque 27 seconds to race around the bases.

Lest we forget his 09 stint with the Reds
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=6965479
    Look at this swing again, he stepped half way down the 3B line. I'm sure that swingmwould translate to MLB!!! There is a reason he is playing overseas and not in the states....he's not that good!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Didi's an upgrade over Cozart, but the difference between them isn't a real game changer. I was never sold on Cozart as a long term solution and liked Didi as competition, but obviously Arizona only wanted to do the deal for Didi so c'est la vie.
    As far as Didi vs Cozart goes, I don't know man, that's 60 points of OBP difference. He'd look pretty good hitting 2nd right now. I think he's a few steps above Zack.

But that's why the DBacks wanted him, and why I would've done the trade.

I loved Wladimir Balentien. One of my favorite (non-achieving) Reds.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    As far as Didi vs Cozart goes, I don't know man, that's 60 points of OBP difference. He'd look pretty good hitting 2nd right now. I think he's a few steps above Zack.

But that's why the DBacks wanted him, and why I would've done the trade.
    60 points OBP difference right now. Cozart's could still go up, Didi's could still go down. I would rather have Didi than Cozart, but I just don't see it ultimately being a real issue. Reds can hope to find somebody better than both of them in the ensuing years.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    60 points OBP difference right now. Cozart's could still go up, Didi's could still go down. I would rather have Didi than Cozart, but I just don't see it ultimately being a real issue. Reds can hope to find somebody better than both of them in the ensuing years.
    Cozart is awfully old to be figuring something out to make a real change in his OBP.

Didi's could go down, though I wouldn't expect it to do so. His peripherals are pretty much in line with what is expected of him.

17. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I loved Wladimir Balentien. One of my favorite (non-achieving) Reds.
    He was OK, but he was no Rolando Roomes.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Look at this swing again, he stepped half way down the 3B line. I'm sure that swingmwould translate to MLB!!! There is a reason he is playing overseas and not in the states....he's not that good!
    It is a Micah Owingsesque swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    He was OK, but he was no Rolando Roomes.
    And neither were Herm Winningham, let's be honest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Rangers have designated Adam Rosales for assignment to clear a roster spot for Joey Butler, whose contract was selected from Triple-A Round Rock, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter).

The Rangers just claimed the 30-year-old Rosales off waivers from the division-rival Athletics this past Friday
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...rade+Rumors%29
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?