Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 2012 College Coaching Carousel

Re: 2012 College Coaching Carousel

Rumor has it Tubby Smith is a candidate for LSU. Seems like he is mentioned in almost every SEC job since leaving for Minnesota.

LSU comes to Rupp this season. I wonder how Tubby would be received.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

LSU names North Texas' Johnny Jones as new coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ach/54266510/1
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Rumor has it Tubby Smith is a candidate for LSU. Seems like he is mentioned in almost every SEC job since leaving for Minnesota.

LSU comes to Rupp this season. I wonder how Tubby would be received.
    I know it dont mean much, but Tubby received an extension a few weeks back. There were some grumblings up there towards the tail end of the season but they put that to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    LSU names North Texas' Johnny Jones as new coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ach/54266510/1
    Probably a decent pick. Can't believe I hadn't thought of him as a candidate.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Probably a decent pick. Can't believe I hadn't thought of him as a candidate.
    I had overlooked it as well. Excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I know it dont mean much, but Tubby received an extension a few weeks back. There were some grumblings up there towards the tail end of the season but they put that to rest.
    I don't see Tubby being a long term fixture in Minnesota. They did perform well in the NIT, but Tubby is going to have to take a step forward this season to keep the heat off.

I didn't even know who Johnny Jones was but after reading it makes a lot of sense. I kinda wonder if Scott Drew would have been in the mix if the sanctions hadn't came?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't see Tubby being a long term fixture in Minnesota. They did perform well in the NIT, but Tubby is going to have to take a step forward this season to keep the heat off.

I didn't even know who Johnny Jones was but after reading it makes a lot of sense. I kinda wonder if Scott Drew would have been in the mix if the sanctions hadn't came?
    I think Tubby is gonna be there awhile as long as Gopher fans dont start acting like Illini fans and think thier program is elite. I think this past season was a fine coaching job considering they lost their best player due to injury. They get him back next year.

Drew has a good team coming back and added a great recruiting class. I dont think the sanctions played into it. Scott has built Baylor into a perreniel Top 25 program. I wouldnt be surprised to see him stay at Baylor for quite awhile, waiting for a job at an upper tier school opening. And at this point in time it, barring anymore sanctions, it would have to be big time.

SMU to meet with Larry Brown?

Seth Greenburg out at Va. Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Seth Greenburg out at Va. Tech.
    Unless there were some improprietes we don't know about, this is an insanely foolish move, especially given the timing and classless way Greenberg was informed of the move.

Name a tougher job in the ACC? Possibly Clemson.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Unless there were some improprietes we don't know about, this is an insanely foolish move, especially given the timing and classless way Greenberg was informed of the move.

Yeah, I found it hard to believe. I did some reading on it, all of his assistant coached already had left. There appears to be something wrong there.

They were just paying him back for being an arrogant SOB the whole time he was at VPI. He was not well liked at all down there. They only tolerated him for that amount of time because he won, somewhat. As long as he kept .500 or better he was OK. But they fell short this year of that mark. Just a little odd about the timing of it. Maybe it wasn't the best way to inform him. But believe me, it was justly deserved.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Prohm to Va Tech?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    They were just paying him back for being an arrogant SOB the whole time he was at VPI. He was not well liked at all down there. They only tolerated him for that amount of time because he won, somewhat. As long as he kept .500 or better he was OK. But they fell short this year of that mark. Just a little odd about the timing of it. Maybe it wasn't the best way to inform him. But believe me, it was justly deserved.
    Exactly. He deliberately watered down the OOC schedule while he was there, then whined when the NCAA selection committee left his team sitting at home. Not a very likeable guy either.

The other interesting aspect is that Va. Tech's AD Weaver has Parkinson's and may be stepping down soon himself.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Morehead State's Donnie Tyndall has agreed to a four-year deal to become the next coach at Southern Miss, a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday.

Tyndall edged Mississippi Valley State's Sean Woods and former UTEP and Nebraska coach Doc Sadler for the job.

A year ago, Tyndall coached Kenneth Faried and Morehead to an NCAA tournament win over Louisville.

Tyndall replaces Larry Eustachy, who left to become the head coach at Colorado State.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...all-next-coach

Turn Off Ads?