Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Beware the Ides of March!!!

Beware the Ides of March!!!

According to Plutarch, a seer had foreseen that Caesar would be harmed not later than the Ides of March and on his way to the Theatre of Pompey (where he would be assassinated), Caesar met that seer and joked, "The ides of March have come", meaning to say that the prophecy had not been fulfilled, to which the seer replied "Ay, Caesar; but not gone."
    Sweet comeback.

The Ides Of March - "Vehicle" - YouTube

The band's first record was "Like it or Lump it". Now that is an old-school expression. Kind of a Blood, Sweat And Tears-ish sound to them. I was cleaning up Mt. Healthy Drive-In on the weekends when this was popular. Yep, cleaning up all that trash you folks tossed out the window. 1970. Reds made the World Series. I was 16, had a car and money in my pocket. Life was good. =)

Last edited by texasdave; 03-15-2012 at 01:21 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Beware the Ides of March!!!

I had to re-google this. I always thought the 15th was the Ides but it's not....

"The term ides was used for the 15th day of the months of March, May, July, and October, and the 13th day of the other months."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I had to re-google this. I always thought the 15th was the Ides but it's not....

"The term ides was used for the 15th day of the months of March, May, July, and October, and the 13th day of the other months."
    And I just learned something. Thx.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

If you squint at that image of the 45, you can see that "Vehicle" was written by Jim Peterik (and I believe I have this 45 down in the basement).

From Wikipedia:

Between 1973 and 1990, The Ides of March went on an extended hiatus, during which Jim Peterik co-founded the band Survivor and co-wrote all of their platinum hits including "Eye of the Tiger," "The Search Is Over," "High on You" and "I Can't Hold Back".

He also began a career of writing collaborations which resulted in many platinum hits for other artists, most notably "Hold On Loosely," "Rockin’ Into The Night," "Fantasy Girl" and "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys" for .38 Special and "Heavy Metal" for Sammy Hagar.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I follow Peterik on Facebook.

Survivor is one of my favorite bands from that era. Vital Signs is one of the greatest AOR albums of all-time.

Anyone know why Caesar was murdered in the Theater of Pompey and not in the Senate House? (Finally, I get to use my Latin teacher skills on Redszone!)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?