Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something To Watch The Reds Games In My Detached Garage (Wireless TV)

Something To Watch The Reds Games In My Detached Garage (Wireless TV)

It looks like it came out mid to late 2011. You plug the router into your video source (Cable box etc) and you have a 7 inch screen that you can carry anywhere in the house wirelessly (100 ft.) I can watch the Reds game on the front porch or in the garage when it is nice out. I would consider slingbox but my PC is from work and I do not think I should download something like that on it. The only cell phone I have is from work.

Here is the Home Roam TV ($159). For what I would need it for, I think it would work for me. Tell me what you think.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...r-forum-review

I bought this a couple weeks ago. Ohhhh my gosh!! This thing is awesome! It was so easy to hook up and worked right away. At the moment, the antenna is hooked into cable upstairs. I went downstairs and it worked fine. It plays in the basement, front porch and detached garage. It is not an HD type picture but sufficient.
    I can hook it up to a bigger TV as long as it has the Yellow and White connections (does not have to have the red). Awesome! It can save a person from renting an extra cable box.

I was cleaning out my garage last weekend and had my Home Roam receiver connected to my 13 inch tv. I was watching my Sixers playing Knicks on NBA TV wirelessly! The other connection is hooked into my cable box in the upstairs bedroom. My garage is detatched so I would guess the two connections are at least 80 feet apart. I love it!

I bought if off AMAZON. I watched some NCAA BB games last night on the front porch!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SZ7EV0/...hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Sorry for the long post but I LOVE this thing!
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Something To Watch The Reds Games In My Detached Garage (Wireless TV)

Any chance it gets around MLB blackout restrictions? I realize that's a pipe dream.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Any chance it gets around MLB blackout restrictions? I realize that's a pipe dream.
    Whatever your cable TV or cable box gets.

How do you change channels?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I have a program on my laptop from directv where I can can stream recorded programs on my laptop anywhere on my home network. To watch a live program on my laptop, all I need to do is make sure the program was set to record on my directv dvr. So basically I can still watch it live with a few seconds for buffering delay.

Also, is that Flash Friday from Tom Lekyis Radio show, or is that a copy cat show?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    How do you change channels?
    You can't - you don't need to in the summer watching the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I have a program on my laptop from directv where I can can stream recorded programs on my laptop anywhere on my home network. To watch a live program on my laptop, all I need to do is make sure the program was set to record on my directv dvr. So basically I can still watch it live with a few seconds for buffering delay.

Also, is that Flash Friday from Tom Lekyis Radio show, or is that a copy cat show?
    As my original post said ( ), I cannot download anything on my work laptop.

It could have been from the Tom Lekyis Radio show - not sure _ I just saw it online ang got the sticker for free on the Radio Stations website. Ordered it when Opie and Anthony was on there.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    There is a way to get around blackout restrictions for the Android phones and tabs. At least there was last year. I'll find out when the season starts if they're closed that loophole yet.

I am having some friends over tomorrow for the Reds game.

I am going to hook this device up to a 13 inch TV on the back patio bar (shaded area) so they can glance at the score while playing bean bag toss or while I am BBQ-ing.

Like Opening Day, I had the wireless cable TV on the patio Friday night. Bummer of a game to lose to the NATS but I enjoyed watching it outside.

am having some friends over tomorrow night to watch the Reds /Cardinals game in the garage. The chicks dig the wireless TV. (lol)

On Friday, I bought a 22 inch TV at Big Lots for $109. Connected it to my Home Roam TV wirelessly and watched the Reds outside.

Last edited by goreds2; 05-20-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

14. Likes:

TeamCasey (04-14-2014)

I am having a get together (Reds and Indians fans) on my back patio Tuesday for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I am having a get together (Reds and Indians fans) on my back patio Tuesday for the game.
    I had a few friends over for the game tonight. The one Indians fan that appeared was a good sport about the outcome. I just had a simple setup. The food etc. was on the opposite side of the patio.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I had a few friends over for the game tonight. The one Indians fan that appeared was a good sport about the outcome. I just had a simple setup. The food etc. was on the opposite side of the patio.

You know how to throw a party.

For my birthday party this year (early April), I set cooked out in the back yard and had the garage door open (garage wraps around to the back of the house) with a screen set up and the projector going with the Reds game on. Unfortunately we lost, but still, that is my kind of party.

Turn Off Ads?