Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Take 2 - 2012 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Thread

Re: Take 2 - 2012 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Thread

With the 15th pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Michael Brockers, DT, LSU.

This was a difficult decision as there were multiple options available with this pick. However the potential Brockers offers was simply too much to pass. The Eagles run defense needs improvement and Brockers is the best run stopper in this draft.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Updated through 15.

ROUND 1

1. Indianapolis (2-14) redsfanmia - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    2. Washington (5-11) Gallen5862 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    3. Minnesota (3-13) schmidty622 - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    4. Cleveland (4-12) LoganBuck - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
    5. Tampa Bay (4-12) Caveat Emperor - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    6. St. Louis (2-14) MikeThierry - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    7. Jacksonville (5-11) JaxRed - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
    8. Miami (6-10) chicoruiz - Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    9. Carolina (6-10) sonny - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    10 .Buffalo (6-10) ervinsm84 - Quentin Coples, DE, North Carolina
    11. Kansas City (7-9) SidneySlicker - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    12. Seattle (7-9) Vottofan54 - David DeCastro, G, Stanford
    13. Arizona (8-8) Buckeye33 - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    14. Dallas (8-8) NJReds - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St.
    15. Philadelphia (8-8) HotCorner - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    16. New York Jets (8-8) KoryMac5
    17. Cincinnati (9-7) HotCorner
    18. San Diego (8-8) izzy's dad
    19. Chicago (8-8) izzy's dad
    20. Tennessee (9-7) schmidty622
    21. Cincinnati (9-7) HotCorner
    22. Cleveland (4-12) LoganBuck
    23. Detroit (10-6) cincy09
    24. Pittsburgh (12-4) Mario-Rijo
    25. Denver (8-8) Nathan
    26. Houston (10-6) Ohayou
    27. New England (13-3) -WVRed
    28. Green Bay (15-1) Mutaman
    29. Baltimore (12-4) WVRed
    30. San Francisco (13-3) Ohayou
    31. New England (13-3) - WVRed
    32. New York Giants (9-7) Puffy

With the 16th pick in the draft, the NY Jets select Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

This will be the last pick I do .. if this doesn't start moving on it's own we will just have to let it die. I sent out a PM to everyone who was listed on the draft list last night, hopefully people start participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    This will be the last pick I do .. if this doesn't start moving on it's own we will just have to let it die. I sent out a PM to everyone who was listed on the draft list last night, hopefully people start participating.
    Problem is we always open this up to people that don't post regularly in this section of Redszone.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

With the 17th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia.

I really wanted DeCastro but Glenn is a very nice consolation prize. Glenn (6-5 345) and Andre Smith (6-4 335) now form the "Great Wall".

Pass blocking: Surprisingly agile for a big man but is susceptible to speed rushes which likely will force him back inside or to right tackle after starting the entire 2011 season on the blindside for the Bulldogs. Eases out of his stance and waits for the defender to come to him. Possesses long arms and is very powerful, often easily controlling his opponent. Naturally balanced with good lateral agility to mirror the defender. Wide-bodied so opponents can rarely get past him and has an excellent anchor so bull rushes are futile. Nitpicking, but can be a bit inconsistent with his recognition on combination blocks. Typically gets an initial punch in on the defensive tackle before switching off to take on the blitzing linebacker, but can be fooled and miss his assignment. Can get a bit lazy with his hand placement, making him vulnerable to swim moves.

Run blocking: Excellent size and strength as a drive blocker. Can get fundamentally lazy, at times, playing too high and/or being a beat late off the snap. As such, he can miss with his initial punch and fail to push back his target. More often, he shows good hand placement and the leg drive to clear a hole. Powerful. Can knock defenders off the ball, providing impressive pancake blocks against even talented opponents. Good recognition in combination blocks in the running game. Good, powerful initial shove to the defensive tackle and gets to the second level with good quickness. Shows the ability to adjust his path to locate and attack his target. Rare body control for a man of his size when blocking at the second level.

Pulling/trapping: Shows surprising quickness and fluidity when pulling from left guard to lead on the toss and counter. Light on his feet and can adjust to hit the moving target at the second level.

Initial Quickness: A bit inconsistent with his initial get-off, though this may be simply a concentration issue with the snap-count. Demonstrates good initial quickness off the snap (especially for a man of his size) when pulling, but can be a beat late off the snap on other plays. Rarely is he actually beaten when late off the snap, however, due to his girth and long, powerful arms to catch and contain his assignment.

Downfield: Perhaps his most impressive trait, which is saying something. Gets to the second level quickly and consistently erases linebackers from the play. Doesn't waste his energy with pancake blocks, but instead seals off the defender completely, assuring that his assignment isn't in position to impact the ball-carrier.

Intangibles: Had four starts at left tackle over his career (all in 2009) entering the 2011 season. Turned in his paperwork to the NFL Draft Advisory Committee following last season but elected to return based partially on the plan to see more time at left tackle in 2011. Never missed a game due to injury while at Georgia.

With the 18th pick the San Diego Chargers select... Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB University of Illinois. The Chargers are still trying to replace Shawne Merriman, Mercilus might be their guy.
    Let's get weird!

With the 19th pick the Chicago Bears select... Coby Fleener TE Stanford. I know this might be a bit of a reach, but the Bears will have a new offense this season. A new offense that will utilize a pass catching tight end, which is something that the Bears do not have on their roster. Fleener is far and away the best tight end prospect in this draft, so in order to fill this hole the Bears may need to reach a bit. I also considered, Nick Perry DE USC.
    Let's get weird!

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    With the 17th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia.

I really wanted DeCastro but Glenn is a very nice consolation prize. Glenn (6-5 345) and Andre Smith (6-4 335) now form the "Great Wall".
    Good choice. He can start at OG for a season and if need be has the ability to play RT when the Bengals decline to re-sign Andre "can't stay fit or healthy" Smith. If you are still of the mind to select a CB #21 I'd ask you to consider Gilmore over Kirkpatrick. JMO but I think Gilmore is/will prove to be the better pro.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Good choice. He can start at OG for a season and if need be has the ability to play RT when the Bengals decline to re-sign Andre "can't stay fit or healthy" Smith. If you are still of the mind to select a CB #21 I'd ask you to consider Gilmore over Kirkpatrick. JMO but I think Gilmore is/will prove to be the better pro.
    Alshon Jeffry had a ridiculous workout at UofSC pro day. Just something to keep in mind
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Alshon Jeffry had a ridiculous workout at UofSC pro day. Just something to keep in mind
    He did but not fond of him. There's a reason the workout for him was so important, his game tape isn't, relatively speaking. If I were gonna go WR here I'd much rather have Floyd, Wright and even Hill over him. Actually Hill is my favorite WR in this draft, though admittedly he is quite raw. Speaking of Hill GT sure has turned out some serious studs at the WR position as of late, Megatron and of course Demaryius Thomas started to come on last year.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

With the 20th pick the Titans select Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    He did but not fond of him. There's a reason the workout for him was so important, his game tape isn't, relatively speaking. If I were gonna go WR here I'd much rather have Floyd, Wright and even Hill over him. Actually Hill is my favorite WR in this draft, though admittedly he is quite raw. Speaking of Hill GT sure has turned out some serious studs at the WR position as of late, Megatron and of course Demaryius Thomas started to come on last year.
    While I agree in general, Stephen Garcia's shenanigins, certainly contributed to Jeffrey's problems. He also bulked up to 233 lbs, in an effort to play stronger. Instead he just played slower. He weighed in at 213 today. This one is on the scouts.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Ahem...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=48

BTW, I would put CB fourth on the priority list.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

With the 21st pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina.

Last time the Bengals selected a Gamecocks' CB in the first he turned out to be pretty good. Gilmore is shooting up draft boards and fits nicely on this roster. I love the intangibles this kid brings to the table.

Man Coverage: Plays mostly in press-bail or off-coverage. Flashes a tough, aggressive punch after the snap in rare press coverage occasions, but may not have the strength to knock NFL receivers off their routes. Not elite transitioning forward from backpedal, will take an extra step or loop a bit when closing on slants. Lacks elite recovery and straight-line speed to stay with faster wideouts down the field if beaten on a double move or losing a step off the line.

Zone Coverage: Fits best in a zone system like he currently plays. Knows his, and others', assignments on every play. Comes out initial read quickly to stop the underneath route dead. Quick feet in off coverage to adjust to inside routes, even when playing outside technique. Explodes to plays in front of him, cutting down his target or wrapping up if able to line up the receiver. Forces turnovers and dropped passes with his ability to arrive strong at the receiver with the ball.

Ball Skills: Makes quarterbacks pay for poor throws with centerfielder-like instincts and hands. Uses his height in full advantage on jump balls, make difficult catches with his hands extended away from his frame. Excellent elusiveness after the catch that shows as a punt returner. Has solid hands and typically makes the right decision to fair catch, but does not have breakaway speed and will dance or move east-west instead of heading straight upfield.

Run Support: Takes run support very seriously, seeking out contact. Chops down runs to his side when able, evades most receivers blocks with quickness and quick hands -- though NFL receivers will have regular success holding him up on the outside because of his slight build.

Tackling: Aggressive hitter in the secondary who plays without regard to his own safety. Best when coming downhill and cutting down ballcarriers with a low shoulder. Constantly looking to strip the football from ballcarriers while other defenders are making the tackle. Man-up tackling is a challenge for him, however, when facing a strong runner who lowers his pads or larger receivers with the length to stiff-arm him. Plays on coverage units. Brought on edge blitzes regularly when front four isn't getting there, uses quickness and big hits to create turnovers from the blind side.

Intangibles: Left after junior season with 40 career starts. Quiet, hard-working player who consistently gets praise from coaches and teammates for his work ethic and attitude. Puts in time in the film room, knows his opponents and defensive scheme inside and out. No worries about on-field effort, brings tenacious attitude on every play.

Turn Off Ads?