Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting Interviews

Interesting Interviews

on Mlbnetworkradio today. They were featuring the Padres and the interview with Alonso left me very impressed.

And if you believe the Padres catcher, Volquez is throwing 96 with good control, having bought into the Padres philosophy that "throwing fastballs to location is the key." So why didn't he accept that as a Red???

Didn't hear Boxberger interviewed/discussed, but Alonso raved about Grandal and his impressive hitting abilities.

I sure hope Latos impresses, or...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting Interviews

What's done is done. I'm sure every athlete in spring training are very optimistic of their season, otherwise, I'd question their competitiveness. When the real games start, and they are facing legit competition, then we shall see.

That said, I truly hope that the trade works out very well for both the Reds and the Padres.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Re: Interesting Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    What's done is done. I'm sure every athlete in spring training are very optimistic of their season, otherwise, I'd question their competitiveness. When the real games start, and they are facing legit competition, then we shall see.

That said, I truly hope that the trade works out very well for both the Reds and the Padres.
    Couldn't agree more. Houston Street made the same point, basically saying he believed the Padres would win their division, and saying something along the lines of if you don't believe that as a player, then you don't deserve to be playing."

Turn Off Ads?