Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone in here collect cards?

Re: Anyone in here collect cards?

My favorite sets are the 67 Topps, 69 Topps, and 71 Topps. One that I don't have that I would love is the 57 Topps.

2. Turn Off Ads?

2012 Topps Gypsy Queen baseball comes out on the 18th. I'm pumped.
    Let's get weird!

I'm toolsy.

Resurrecting an older thread here instead of starting a new one - Brandon Phillips was tweeting yesterday about signing his new cards for Topps. That gave me the fever to go buy some cards for the first time in at least 15 years. I picked up an 8 pack mini-box of 2012 Bowman Platinum at Wal-mart tonight for $20. They are beautiful. I probably didn't get much in the way of high dollar cards, but I really like them. I did get an autograph card from some twins rookie.

So, my question is, what is the best set for me to buy packs from in order to have the greatest chance at autographs, etc?

Can someone recommend a forum for someone who's reintroducing themselves to baseball card collecting?

Thanks!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

There are packs out there that promise an autograph per pack, but they aren't cheap. It just really depends on what kind of autograph you are looking for. My general thought on it all though is simple: Buy individual autographs that you want off of ebay. It is going to be a ton cheaper, and while maybe not as thrilling as pulling one from the pack yourself, you can have your BP Autograph and be less thrilled with the experience than if you pulled a Scott Moore autograph from the box that cost you more than the Phillips ebay card did and you won't enjoy the Moore autograph nearly as much.

As for a message board, the only one I know of, and I can't even comment on how it is these days in terms of the people since I haven't been there in years, is www.freedomcardboard.com . It began several years ago when the Beckett.com message boards were basically changed all kinds of ways around and it really messed things up, so a few guys decided to start up the new boards and a whole slew of guys transferred over there.

As a kid, I really enjoyed collecting cards. Most of my collection is 1981-1991, my uncle left his collection to me when he passed away at a young age 11 years ago...his collection was centered 1972-1978. They are still in "my" closet at my parent's home....I have been getting the itch to start collecting again since my son, 6, is starting to get an interest in the game....all I know is that if he starts collecting, he will have a pretty nice start to the hobby. As far as my favorites, RC of Gwynn, Boggs, Mattingly, and ED. I thought I was really something when I bought a Canseco RC at a flea market for $5....the thing climbed up to around $120-130 at one time I think..LOL.

Turn Off Ads?