Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #46 prospect?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP James Allen

0 0%
  • LHP Mitch Clarke

4 15.38%
  • RHP Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • RHP Vaughn Covington

3 11.54%
  • 1B/OF Danny Dorn

3 11.54%
  • UT Devin Lohman

2 7.69%
  • RHP Kyle McMyne

0 0%
  • RHP Erik Miller

1 3.85%
  • RHP Wes Mugarian

0 0%
  • UT Cody Puckett

1 3.85%
  • RHP Carlos Ramos

1 3.85%
  • OF/1B Bill Rhinehart

0 0%
  • RHP Sal Romano

10 38.46%
  • OF Steve Selsky

1 3.85%
  • LHP Clayton Tanner

0 0%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%

Thread: Who is Redszone's #46 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #46 prospect?

#1 C Devin Mesoraco
    #2 SS Billy Hamilton
    #3 SS Zack Cozart
    #4 RHP Dan Corcino
    #5 RHP Robert Stephenson
    #6 1B Neftali Soto
    #7 OF Yorman Rodriguez
    #8 UT Todd Frazier
    #9 SS Didi Gregorius
    #10 2B Henry Rodriguez
    #11 LHP Tony Cingrani
    #12 OF Juan Duran
    #13 RHP Kyle Lotzkar
    #14 3B Gabriel Rosa
    #15 C Tucker Barnhart
    #16 3B David Vidal
    #17 RHP J.C. Sulbaran
    #18 OF Ryan LaMarre
    #19 1B Donald Lutz
    #20 OF Denis Phipps
    #21 RHP Tim Crabbe
    #22 RHP Andrew Brackman
    #23 LHP Amir Garrett
    #24 UT Brodie Greene
    #25 LHP Donnie Joseph
    #26 1B/3B Sean Buckley
    #27 3B Junior Arias
    #28 RHP Josh Smith
    #29 2B Ryan Wright
    #30 RHP Drew Cisco
    #31 OF Kyle Waldrop
    #32 RHP Pedro Villarreal
    #33 RHP Josh Judy
    #34 RHP Nick Christiani
    #35 RHP Drew Hayes
    #36 IF Juan Perez
    #37 LHP Chris Manno
    #38 IF Chris Valaika
    #39 RHP Josh Ravin
    #40 RHP Dan Tuttle
    #41 RHP Dan Renken
    #42 LHP Ismael Guillon
    #43 RHP Alejandro Chacin
    #44 RHP Radhames Quezada
    #45 RHP Jake Johnson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #46 prospect?

I feel that Cody Puckett deserves to be elected, but nevertheless went with Mitch Clarke. In three years of pro ball, he's been effective at every stop. Lefthander with decent size. And I always go for the upside of Canadian players.

I suppose, at this point, I should offer a rundown of his stuff, but there's the little problem of not knowing.

Sal Romano's been on this board a long time, and deserves a slot here. 6'4" 94 MPH (and improving) prep arm that got a $450,000 bonus and made an appearance on a number of prospect lists around the league. Also has a curve and a developing changeup. Tore up high school ball. Didn't get much exposure before the draft thanks to a broken jaw. I expect him to turn some heads next season.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Sal Romano's been on this board a long time, and deserves a slot here. 6'4" 94 MPH (and improving) prep arm that got a $450,000 bonus and made an appearance on a number of prospect lists around the league. Also has a curve and a developing changeup. Tore up high school ball. Didn't get much exposure before the draft thanks to a broken jaw. I expect him to turn some heads next season.
    How do you know Romano's 94 MPH is improving? He sits 88-91 and has touched 94. Anyone who gets drafted tore up high school ball. This does seem the right range for him though, just not sure your argument for him here was all that strong.

With that said, I went with Vaughn Covington who I like just a little bit more.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How do you know Romano's 94 MPH is improving? He sits 88-91 and has touched 94. Anyone who gets drafted tore up high school ball. This does seem the right range for him though, just not sure your argument for him here was all that strong.

Haha, I was on the Covington train for a while but jumped off due to the lack of support. I will jump back on at pick #47. I love high upside arms with these last selections.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

He's got a very projectable frame, and is still in developmental ball, where he's impressed coaches with his improvement. He's also viewed as a power pitcher by many sites. To me, that suggests that he'll add a few MPH to his fastball on the way up. He's also made more appearances on prospect lists than anybody else left save perhaps Kyle McMyne (probably my next pick, despite his struggles).

I like what Covington brings to the table as well. We took a lot of over-slot arms this year that haven't been picked yet; I expect them to be fast movers in the next year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    He's got a very projectable frame, and is still in developmental ball, where he's impressed coaches with his improvement. He's also viewed as a power pitcher by many sites. To me, that suggests that he'll add a few MPH to his fastball on the way up. He's also made more appearances on prospect lists than anybody else left save perhaps Kyle McMyne (probably my next pick, despite his struggles).

I like what Covington brings to the table as well. We took a lot of over-slot arms this year that haven't been picked yet; I expect them to be fast movers in the next year.
    Plenty of guys have a projectable frame and never pick up velocity.

Where have you seen that he has impressed coaches with his improvement? He has yet to throw a pitch in a game yet.

Didn't go with him but I think I will choose Mr. Dorn at 50 as the Redszone equivalent of Mr. Irrelevant.

Turn Off Ads?