Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mad Men is back!

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Sure, until she goes nuts and offs herself.
    I've seen that theory floating around the interwebs. I don't see that for some reason. I see her more turning into a Betty type, or even Jane.

Did anybody else notice that Pete kind of has turned into Don without the demons? Used to live in the city, now he lives out in the burbs, Trudy is so into being a mom that she's not turning his crank anymore, and now Don has the place in the city and the sex kitten wife. Pete and Roger both want what Don has, but is that what Don wants? It's going to be a great season, because all the main characters are in flux. Can't wait until next week. Zooby zooby zoo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mad Men is back!

There is something about Megan that I just don't like. Even when she first was on the show something bugged me about her.

I watched the previous seasons of Mad Men on DVD and DVR which I thought made it much better. Sometimes it takes some time to grasp what made an episode good or even great. I thought Roger and Harry stole the show yesterday. I do think the performance of Zou Bisou Bisou is what is being talked about and also the akward house cleaning scene.

It seems like Don has what he wants, an apartment in the city with a young girl. Althought it seemed that the only time Don has been at peace was when he was in California being Dick Whitman with the real Mrs. Draper. It probably was my favorite theme until they killed her off. I wonder if that will make an appearance again.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It seems like Don has what he wants, an apartment in the city with a young girl. Althought it seemed that the only time Don has been at peace was when he was in California being Dick Whitman with the real Mrs. Draper. It probably was my favorite theme until they killed her off. I wonder if that will make an appearance again.
    Don thinks he knows what he wants...until he gets it and realizes it doesn't measure up. Actually, that applies to several of the main characters: Roger, Pete, Joan...
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

“The only thing worse than not getting what you want is someone else getting it.”

Quote of the episode.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Don thinks he knows what he wants...until he gets it and realizes it doesn't measure up. Actually, that applies to several of the main characters: Roger, Pete, Joan...
    And it probably applies to about 100% of the human race at some point in their lives, which is one of many things that make the show so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    “The only thing worse than not getting what you want is someone else getting it.”

Quote of the episode.
    "Why can't you sing like that?"

"Why don't you look like him?"

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    "Why can't you sing like that?"

"Why don't you look like him?"
    That was great. Roger on the business end of a sharp jab, for a change.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Episode two, or the Ten Reasons Roger Sterling is going to have Pete thrown out a window.

Roger Sterling = Colonel Henry Blake
    Pete Campbell = An Infinitely more competent version of Dr. Frank Burns. But, just as conniving and petty.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Never been a fan of dream sequence/hallucinations in which you're unclear whether or not its real. I've always thought that was pretty cheap, and last night was no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Never been a fan of dream sequence/hallucinations in which you're unclear whether or not its real. I've always thought that was pretty cheap, and last night was no exception.
    I think it was the fact that Don is sick, the Richard Speck murders are in the news, and Don is trying to get rid of his vices (affairs).

How long before Lane and Don's new secretary have a time? Particularly with her sleeping in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I think it was the fact that Don is sick, the Richard Speck murders are in the news, and Don is trying to get rid of his vices (affairs).
    I've got no problem with doing a dream sequence, as long as its clear it is a dream to the viewer. Otherwise, it's kind of a cheap way to shock the viewer. Just my opinion.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I've got no problem with doing a dream sequence, as long as its clear it is a dream to the viewer. Otherwise, it's kind of a cheap way to shock the viewer. Just my opinion.
    Most people I've talked to said they thought it was a dream right away. Well, they fooled me, so I must be an idiot. I didn't know it was a dream until he slid the body under the bed, because no matter how sick he was, he's not gonna kill a chick and then go back to sleep.

Great episode though. Glad Joan finally put Dr. Rapey McRaperson in his place.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Was I the only one who burst out laughing during that scene?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Is Joan's baby Roger Sterling's?

Turn Off Ads?