Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NL Central Predictions

2012 NL Central Predictions

I borrowed this from the ORG. I want to see what your guys' predictions are.

Mine:
    Reds-89 wins
    Brewers-87
    Cards-86
    Pirates-80
    Cubs-77
    Stros-65

Its going to be a long season down to the wire. Chapman is going to give us the second half boost we need and the Redlegs will prevail(crossing my fingers)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 NL Central Predictions

Reds ~88-89 wins
    Brewers ~84 wins
    Pirates ~81 wins
    Cards ~79 wins
    Cubs ~75
    Astros ~65

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Reds 94 wins
    Cards 91 wins
    Brewers 84 wins
    Cubs 75 wins
    Pirates 73 wins
    Astros 59 wins

MLB.com's (Richard Justice's) takes a whack at predicting the NL Central order of finish. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Reds ~88-89 wins
    Brewers ~84 wins
    Pirates ~81 wins
    Cards ~79 wins
    Cubs ~75
    Astros ~65
    Are you serious? Cards 4th? All the writers and pundits have them 3rd best in the NL, and you have them 4th best in the CENTRAL?

You sir, are an optomist!

Reds will win around 85, NO PLAYOFFS. Still WAY too many holes in this team that the stupid owners won't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Reds will win around 85, NO PLAYOFFS. Still WAY too many holes in this team that the stupid owners won't fix.

Such as...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Are you serious? Cards 4th? All the writers and pundits have them 3rd best in the NL, and you have them 4th best in the CENTRAL?

You sir, are an optomist!
    I kind of feel like everything that can go wrong for them will. If they stay healthy then yea, they are probably a top 3 NL team. But with Carpenter already hurt, and them already relying heavily on aging stars such as Berkman, Beltran and Furcal they don't have much room for error. Plus Wainwright, while I feel like he will be healthy, won't be at his Cy Young level for probably the first half of the yaer.

And it's hard to replace TLR, Duncan and Pujols.

[redacted]

St. Louis: 91 - 71
    Cincinnati: 88 - 74
    Milwaukee: 87 - 75
    Pittsburgh: 75 - 87
    Chicago: 73 - 89
    Houston: 60 - 102

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    I kind of feel like everything that can go wrong for them will. If they stay healthy then yea, they are probably a top 3 NL team. But with Carpenter already hurt, and them already relying heavily on aging stars such as Berkman, Beltran and Furcal they don't have much room for error. Plus Wainwright, while I feel like he will be healthy, won't be at his Cy Young level for probably the first half of the yaer.

And it's hard to replace TLR, Duncan and Pujols.
    Incorrect. Beltran is just as good. Compare their last years numbers. La Manager and his little buddy are WAAAAAYYYY overated!

It's true that B,B and F are aging, but they are not over the hill YET. Furcal can't hit anymore, but that's not why they signed him.

Carpenter was the 3rd best starter last year behind Lohse and Garcia. He would have been the 4th this year with the return of AW. He won't be missed.

As previously stated, being the best on paper means next to nothing. Nobody knows what players will suck and which ones will step up. For all anyone knows the Cubs may win the Central.

Seems a little OPTIMISTIC magdal. I too think the Cardinals will win it, but I'm not an unbiased source...

We'll see how it goes, losting TLR AP and Duncan matters. We'll see just how much in a few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Okay what holes and exactly how would YOU have fixed them?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Incorrect. Beltran is just as good. Compare their last years numbers. La Manager and his little buddy are WAAAAAYYYY overated!

It's true that B,B and F are aging, but they are not over the hill YET. Furcal can't hit anymore, but that's not why they signed him.

Carpenter was the 3rd best starter last year behind Lohse and Garcia. He would have been the 4th this year with the return of AW. He won't be missed.

As previously stated, being the best on paper means next to nothing. Nobody knows what players will suck and which ones will step up. For all anyone knows the Cubs may win the Central.
    Beltran is as good as whom? Please don't tell me as good as Albert because I may die of laughing. Losing Carpenter is HUGE, you have a HUGE ? in Wainwright and the bottom portion of that rotation. As for Tony and Dave...your right way overrated...lets see how your never managed before "replacement" and his staff handle the presure that is St. Louis baseball...

Reds 90+ wins
    Pirates 85 wins
    Cards 80 wins
    Brewers 78 wins
    Cubs/Astros --- who cares..

Cardinals 90-72
    Brewers 88-74
    Pirates 83-79
    Reds 76-86
    Cubs 74-88
    Astros 66-96

Dusty is the first manager fired and the Reds fire sale inclued Phillips, Votto and Marshall.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Cardinals 90-72
    Brewers 88-74
    Pirates 83-79
    Reds 76-86
    Cubs 74-88
    Astros 66-96

Dusty is the first manager fired and the Reds fire sale inclued Phillips, Votto and Marshall.
    No chance..dusty might go but no fire sale...

Turn Off Ads?