Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Birthdays: 3/27

Birthdays: 3/27

Reds:

Candy Sierra (45) -His real name is Ulises, but "Candy Sierra" is perhaps the greatest stripper name in Reds history. Him or Frenchy Bordagaray...

Dave Van Gorder (55) -Reds second-round pick who never could hit enough to escape fill-in status. Career OPS: .547.

Others:

Buster Posey (25) -An exciting talent; I hope he and Mesoraco fight over who's the all-star catcher for the next decade.

Wes Covington -Member of the Braves teams of the late 1950s that should have won multiple World Series but managed only one. Wes is one of a handful of players to play with four different teams in the same year (he did it in 1961). After he retired he moved to Edmonton, Alberta, and eventually became advertising manager of the newspaper there. He died last July.

Miller Huggins - Cincinnati boy who got a law degree form U.C. (one of his professors was William Howard Taft) before taking up baseball professionally. Best remembered as a manager, but was also a good player; small, drew a lot of walks, stole some bases, always had an OBP near .400. Died young. The tradition of putting monuments in center field at Yankee Stadium began with Miller's death.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Birthdays: 3/27

I should have been born on a more interesting day. well the monument park thing was pretty cool.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I should have been born on a more interesting day. well the monument park thing was pretty cool.
    Hey, Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't think Dave Van Gorder was interesting?

Happy Birthday!!!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Reds:

Candy Sierra (45) -His real name is Ulises, but "Candy Sierra" is perhaps the greatest stripper name in Reds history. Him or Frenchy Bordagaray...

Turn Off Ads?