Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which team has it best position by position

Which team has it best position by position

If you were to look at each of the 8 positions on the field..which team would you give the not to as having the best player between the Reds, Cards and Brewers..

1st base:

2nd base:

SS:

3rd Base

C

RF

CF

LF

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which team has it best position by position

1st - Reds. Duh.

2nd - Again, Duh.

3rd - Brewers for now, maybe Cards by end of year, not 100% sold on Freese yet.

SS - Cards for now, maybe Reds by end of year.

C - Cards, Duh.

RF - Reds. I'll take Bruce's inconsistency over Beltran's potential injury prone season.

CF - Reds I guess.

LF - Braun.
    Last edited by drowg14; 03-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    1st - Reds. Duh.

2nd - Again, Duh.

3rd - Brewers for now, maybe Cards by end of year, not 100% sold on Freese yet.

SS - Cards for now, maybe Reds by end of year.

C - Cards, Duh.

RF - Reds. I'll take Bruce's inconsistency over Beltran's potential injury prone season.

CF - Reds I guess.

LF - Cards. Again, Duh.
    LF - Cards over the reigning MVP? Maybe. Holliday is very good. Cheating Dog Braun might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    LF - Cards over the reigning MVP? Maybe. Holliday is very good. Cheating Dog Braun might be better.
    Haha, wow. I'm embarrassed. For some reason Braun slipped my mind. I'll edit my post accordingly

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

C - Cardinals (Molina)
    1B - Reds (Votto)
    2B - Reds (Phillips)
    SS - Cubs (Castro)
    3B - Brewers (Ramirez)
    LF - Brewers (Braun)
    CF - Pirates (McCutchen)
    RF - Cardinals (Beltran)
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    C - Cardinals (Molina)
    1B - Reds (Votto)
    2B - Reds (Phillips)
    SS - Cubs (Castro)
    3B - Brewers (Ramirez)
    LF - Brewers (Braun)
    CF - Pirates (McCutchen)
    RF - Cardinals (Beltran)
    I don't beleive Cubs and Pirates were part of this. Although in terms of the entire NL Central I would definitely agree with those two picks.

1. Reds
    2. Reds
    3. Cards
    SS. Brewers
    C. Reds (can't bring myself to include Molina)
    RF. Reds
    CF. Cards
    LF. Brewers

1B- Reds (Votto, no doubt here)
    2B- Reds (Phillips is currently less explosive, but more reliable than Weeks)
    3B- Brewers (Ramirez's durability and superior regular-season performance wins out over Freese)
    SS- Reds (My biggest stretch here, but I expect a bigger season out of him than either Gonzalez or Furcal)
    C- Cardinals (Mesoraco's got a much longer climb to catch Molina, sadly)
    RF- Brewers (Hart's more consistent than Bruce and healthier than Beltran)
    CF- Cardinals (Jay's a good player, and more reliable than Stubbs)
    LF- Brewers (Braun's combo of stealing, consistency, defense, and power are better than Holliday even without Prince and possible roids)

I think it's about even all around. The Reds have the most potential all around the diamond, but inconsistency and strikeouts haunt them. The Brewers have exactly half a good team, with Weeks, Braun, Hart, and Ramirez all great players, Lucroy decent, and a whole lot of nothing elsewhere. The Cardinals have a lot of good players, but a lot of injury concerns with Freese, Berkman, and Beltran all unreliable in that aspect. I suppose the Reds are the best by a hair for at least having the potential to be among the best in all positions but LF, but the division is going to come down to pitching. I think the Brewers might pull it out again, to be honest.

Cory Hart is a better right fielder than Bruce as of now. IMO. Hart is underrated and Bruce is a bit over rated. Beltran has seen his better days I hope.
    Last edited by Grouse; 03-29-2012 at 03:13 PM.

sorry but I just don't see the love affair with Beltran. Yes he had a great playoff run with the Stros a few years back, but overall his time in NY was well less then overall impressive. He is a good OF with a problem with staying healthy. I mean if he was "that" good, I would think more teams would have thrown money at him this offeseason given that lack of talent available in the FA market.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Cory Hart is a better right fielder than Bruce as of now. IMO. Hart is underrated and Bruce is a bit over rated. Beltran has seen his better days I hope.
    Hart had a better 2011. Bruce had a better 2010. If you combine the two years the edge stays with Bruce. Hart is 30. Bruce is 25. If we are simply talking 2012, flip a coin. Long-term Bruce. I would take Bruce in 2012. It will probably be close to a push.

Turn Off Ads?