Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #49 prospect?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP James Allen

3 11.54%
  • RHP Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • 1B/OF Danny Dorn

2 7.69%
  • UT Devin Lohman

2 7.69%
  • RHP Kyle McMyne

2 7.69%
  • RHP Erik Miller

1 3.85%
  • RHP Brian Pearl

0 0%
  • RHP Jonathan Perez

6 23.08%
  • UT Cody Puckett

1 3.85%
  • OF/1B Bill Rhinehart

1 3.85%
  • RHP Chad Rogers

0 0%
  • OF Steve Selsky

2 7.69%
  • RHP Mark Serrano

1 3.85%
  • OF Bryson Smith

3 11.54%
  • LHP Clayton Tanner

1 3.85%
  • other (please list below)

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #49 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #49 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would probably sneak him inside the Top 20, but not before those guys. He is a likely reliever from nearly all reports. On the RZ list, I would probably place him behind Sulbaran.
    If he's a reliever, he's likely to be a good one. 0.79 ERA in relief appearances this last season between AA and AAA. The upside may not as high, but I'll be downright shocked if he isn't playing for the club next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    If he's a reliever, he's likely to be a good one. 0.79 ERA in relief appearances this last season between AA and AAA. The upside may not as high, but I'll be downright shocked if he isn't playing for the club next year.
    Minor League ERA doesn't tell us much. His stuff seems like that of a solid 7th inning reliever. That has value.

Minor League ERA doesn't tell us much. His stuff seems like that of a solid 7th inning reliever. That has value.
    Hopefully he can be as successful as our recent bullpen crop has been. Ondrusek, Lecure, Arredondo, and Bray have all performed remarkably well despite entering the picture quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Hopefully he can be as successful as our recent bullpen crop has been. Ondrusek, Lecure, Arredondo, and Bray have all performed remarkably well despite entering the picture quietly.
    I wouldn't call Bray's entrance quiet as the last remanant of "the Trade" and Arredondo was a highly touted guy coming off an injury. Ondrusek and Lecure have been ok so far, but looking deeper, I suspect they will fade. Not bad for 6th and 7th pitchers in the pen, but that's what we're looking at with Hoover IMO. He's more likely an interchangable part who adds depth than a building block for the late innings.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Interesting to note that Devin Lohman and Mark Fleury were placed on the Reds' futures roster for Tuesday's game. Neither is ranked in our top 49.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

After Mesoraco and Barnhart, the Reds' prospect catching depth is pretty bad. Next on the list might be Mark Fleury, but he probably shouldn't even be a catcher in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I wouldn't call Bray's entrance quiet as the last remanant of "the Trade" and Arredondo was a highly touted guy coming off an injury. Ondrusek and Lecure have been ok so far, but looking deeper, I suspect they will fade. Not bad for 6th and 7th pitchers in the pen, but that's what we're looking at with Hoover IMO. He's more likely an interchangable part who adds depth than a building block for the late innings.
    Perhaps, but I don't think any of us expected Bray to be the best player from that trade still playing today. I wonder if Hoover's in the discussion to be bought up while Masset's on the DL.

Would you guys rather see a #50 poll, or should we do a separate poll to see where Hoover fits in? I'm leaning toward the latter. For example, I could make a poll with 15 different choices (numbered 13-27 for example) and take the average of where you all think he should fit in.

Rather just have a #50 poll with Hoover not as a choice.

Rather just have a #50 poll with Hoover not as a choice.
    Yeah, come to think of it, although this isn't an exact science, it'd probably be the most objective way to handle it.

Don't mind me, as I am no regular to these threads, but good grief how Danny Dorn has fallen. Not even gonna crack the top-50? I recall a spirited thread last year on his MLB-worthiness.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Don't mind me, as I am no regular to these threads, but good grief how Danny Dorn has fallen. Not even gonna crack the top-50? I recall a spirited thread last year on his MLB-worthiness.
    It's hard to vote for him in a year of declining stats and when the Reds seem to think so little of him. Valaika only really got on this list due to position scarcity and having a little MLB experience; Dorn has never touched the majors and seems limited to the corner outfield. It's just so much more likely for these recent signings and draft picks to break out than see Dorn in anything other than his extremely limited role. He may be a prospect to somebody, but he isn't to this club.

Turn Off Ads?