Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who goes on the DL with a mystery injury

Who goes on the DL with a mystery injury

The only way Chapman can come north as a SP is if one of the 5 goes on the DL with some mystery injury. Do they DL Latos to allow the leg to heal, does Homer come down with weak elbow, or does Leake come down with something or maybe Cueto. Since we know Bronson must have something in his contract keeping him off the DL he is out, I mean if he didn't get DL at some point last year, he sure won't this year....

So which pitcher goes on the DL?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who goes on the DL with a mystery injury

this is 1 of the stupidest post ive ever read

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    How is that...you have six pitchers for five slots...

like how the heck is any1 gonna know who goes onb dl lol? its just silly.

It's hardly a secret that the Reds DL guys for convenience as much as any team out there. I agreed with your premise more before the Masset news. With Masset and Madson down, we have enough real injuries to create spots without using the "fake DL". If we didn't need our 6th starter in the pen, I think we would do this. Today, I'm thinking we will need Homer or Chapman in the pen.

Not really. This team is always reluctant to send anyone down due to lack of performance. It IS always the mystery injury. Can't hurt anybodies feelings you know.

All I know is that one way or another, Chapman will be in the rotation...and Baker is super hesitant to allow that to happen. Last week on McAlister's show, Jeff Brantley said regarding the rotation, there were "intense talks" among the front office and management and they have been reaching a "boiling temperature". That in itself isn't huge news...but the fact that something like this has leaked out of the Reds is insane. The Reds are notorious for being extremely tight lipped, especially since Jocketty's arrival. Literally NO NEWS ever gets out of that front office, and when something about meetings being intense comes out, I'd have to think that it was leaked on purpose. I really do believe that Dusty is on his way out at the end of the year no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    The only way Chapman can come north as a SP is if one of the 5 goes on the DL with some mystery injury. Do they DL Latos to allow the leg to heal, does Homer come down with weak elbow, or does Leake come down with something or maybe Cueto. Since we know Bronson must have something in his contract keeping him off the DL he is out, I mean if he didn't get DL at some point last year, he sure won't this year....

So which pitcher goes on the DL?
    As silly as this seems at face value, I've seen the Reds do this before. I don't think they'd DL Cueto or Latos just to free up a spot. We're counting on them all year.

I've read worse

but not many

actually it was one of his best posts, his stupidest is his obsession love with stubbs and arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    actually it was one of his best posts, his stupidest is his obsession love with stubbs and arroyo
    Not love just respect for talent, of which both have...

stubbs is garbage another 15 k's in 42 appearances send him to double a

stubbs is garbage another 15 k's in 42 appearances send him to double a
    You really need to get past his whole strike out thing..it's not a big deal..

really you need to get past the fact that he is an epic bust a waaste of a first round pick a non disciplined record breaker for futility

really you need to get past the fact that he is an epic bust a waaste of a first round pick a non disciplined record breaker for futility
    Wow one season and he is a bust....glad your not running the Reds

Turn Off Ads?