Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker says he is tired

Baker says he is tired

of people asking about Chapman, about stubbs, about Heisey about his lineups

well most people are TIRED of listening to his inarticulate drivel and homespun non wisdom, if he is so tired why doesnot he retire to the old age home for uselss cliches

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baker says he is tired

Dusty should really just put a sock in it. He has managed in two major markets - Chicago and SF - and the Cincinnati media isn't even close to as bad.

I agree...I am so tired of Dusty..

I think Spring Training can probably get a little tedious after six or seven weeks. That being said, if Reds' management didn't handle every little decision like it was Top Secret classified, then maybe the same questions wouldn't have to be asked over and over. Fans want to know what is going on with their favorite team. It was a long winter. Expectations are high. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I can't even listen to him, see his face, or read one of his quotes without coming to the verge of throwing up.

He is holding back this team big time. When it comes to BS, he's really deal'n out there. He's huge.......for our opponent's winning chances that is.

Dusty seems a little more sensitive for it being this early in the (pre)season. Maybe if he didn't make so many head-scratching decisions over the course of the season, he wouldn't be questioned as much. Maybe the pressure/expectations of must-win is already getting to him? Sometimes, he needs to just shut up and coach, and quit bantering with the reporters.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I kinda feel for ol'Krusty....the best manager is always the last one or the next one. I think he has done a decent job. I wouldn't say he is holding this team back. As far as the questions...it comes with the job.

The best way to get people to stop asking a question, is to answer it.

With the season now less than 1 week away, the media wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't ask. After the spring that Chapman's having, I'd imagine national media is asking about him as well as local.

KD1476

The media should start asking him more important questions about his wrist bands and toothpicks! Give me the Skipper at AA over Dusty, heck I would take Rick Sweet over Dusty.

Just read on the ORG that Dusty was hinting that Leake might end up being the odd man out. If Dusty is tired of hearing roster questions, this was the wrong move to make to avoid being asked.

http://t.co/vlDbx33U

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Where is my "I Trusty in Dusty" t-shirt? lol

The fact that he was genuinely questioning reporters' need/desire to know who will close games for the Reds this season shows how out of touch he has become. Either that, or how little he cares about media perception and relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    The media should start asking him more important questions about his wrist bands and toothpicks! Give me the Skipper at AA over Dusty, heck I would take Rick Sweet over Dusty.
    .....or about his foriegn legion-style hat/towel combo. I don't think I've seen any other MLB person with that look. He just might be on to a marketing idea.
    I imagine the delay of a final roster indicates a "help wanted" sign, waiting to see who's been released by other clubs, that could help the Reds. Nothing wrong with that.

Chin up Boys....if the Reds are failing @ the ASB I expect for LaRussa to step in. You will be free of Baker and you will get to see a psychotic geezer operate on a daily basis.

Turn Off Ads?