Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What does opening day mean to you?

What does opening day mean to you?

Here'a a thread with a little "poetical waxing....."

in the past year, I've done the following:
    --moved from Ohio to Florida
    --broke off a long term relationship, got used to being single, then started dating again
    --changed jobs 3 times
    --went through tremendous financial difficulties
    --adjusted to an entirely new atmosphere, completely different from where I lived at in small town Ohio

This opening day feels a little extra special for me this year. Life has been absolutely crazy for me, but on Thursday, for the 3 hours or so that the game is on, it will be a return to normalcy. People, situations, etc come and go, come and go. "Change" is a constant theme on life, but baseball is forever. Watching the Reds means a lot to me, and it's a chance to feel like things are back to normal again, even if it's only for a brief period of time.

Overall, I live for those Summer evenings, where I can forget about the stresses of life, and immerse myself in something that brings me a lot of joy.

Share your stories about what opening day means to you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What does opening day mean to you?

Opening Day is, quite simply, the best day of the year. It is Christmas and the 4th of July and my birthday and several other days rolled together.

Opening Day is about the excitement the new season brings. It's about the buzz in Cincinnati that day. It's my favorite day of the year!

I love opening day but I think it meant alot more when the other teams didnt start till the first pitch was thrown in Cincy. still though it means the start of summer for me even if the weather doesnt say so right away.

Radio

I love opening day, the parade, the game, everything.... But lately I have had a bitter feeling every opening day, because the MLB keeps taking more and more away from us. The next thing you know, we won't even be opening at home.

Good luck to the OP, sounds like you have had a lot going on as well. OD means happiness, hope, a start of something fresh, new-on the field, standings, and to a degree, personal life as it lifts me out of my winter funk.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

...it means it's pretty much a holiday, and a half days work for most fans, even if they are still at work...ha ha
    "The Redlegs Radio Report," on every Sat. 9 a.m. (CST) all season long!
    Listen on ESPN 1450 AM Bowling Green, KY. or www.espn1450.net SOKY's only Reds Radio affiliate.
    @redlegsradiorep

Opening Day means the tickets are too expensive but just right for the second game of the series. #Overrated.

Turn Off Ads?