Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Homer Bailey - what to do with him?

Re: Homer Bailey - what to do with him?

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    And some people thought Homer was worn out and needed a rest. He was throwing 97 in the 8th, and Ive never seen him get that much stronger as the game wore on. Kind of reminded me of Verlander. 89-92 in the first few innings then 97-100 in the last couple. Consistency is the key and not with just Homer but with Latos, and Leake as well. I also think confidence has a part in it too. I look for Homer to def. pick up where he left off and have a great start in SD. Big park=Gem from Homer.
    Big Park = Gem for a lot of pitchers. We need to "grade on the curve" for what to expect from our pitchers who start 1/2 their games at GABP. I wouldn't be overly upset with a high 3 to mid 4 ERA from Homer, Leake & Arroyo. The question is do we have the offense to win games with our 3-5 pitchers consistently giving up that many runs? My answer would be yes if we had 1 & 2 hitters with high OBP to get on base in front of Votto. Without that it's somewhat of a crapshoot.

I'm more amazed by Cueto's ability to not give up the long ball given the home park he pitched in........ maybe they should hold sessions with him explaining how to pitch in a "hitters park"?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey - what to do with him?

I think, if Homer were pitching for LA, San Francisco, or San Diego, he'd be considered an ace by just about everyone. Dude pitches differently in a big park. (With good reason.)

Turn Off Ads?