Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Pensacola Blue Wahoos OD Roster

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

2012 Pensacola Blue Wahoos OD Roster

Pensacola Blue Wahoos roster:

Catchers: Mark Fleury, Brian Peacock

Infielders: Mike Costanzo, Brodie Greene, Didi Gregorius, Henry Rodriguez, Miguel Rojas, Joel Guzman, PJ Phillips

Outfielders: Josh Fellhauer, Ryan LaMarre, Cody Puckett, Yordanys Perez (DL)

Pitchers: Daniel Corcino, Tim Crabbe, Curtis Partch, JC Sulbaran, Pedro Villarreal, Drew Hayes, Justin Freeman, Brandon Hynick, Donnie Joseph, Chris Manno, Josh Ravin, Mark Serrano, Clayton Tanner

I am assuming the first five guys are the starters, given that they are in alphabetical order, then the next 8 guys go in alphabetical order. That is pure speculation on my part though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Pensacola Blue Wahoos OD Roster

Isn't it kind of early for minor league rosters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Isn't it kind of early for minor league rosters?
    Season starts April 5th, so no, not really. Guys are getting on planes tomorrow to fly to their destination.

-The Insider-

Surprised that Ravin is in the pen and that Tanner is in Double-A.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Surprised that Ravin is in the pen and that Tanner is in Double-A.
    Those two surprised me as well. I am really interested in seeing how Ravin does from the bullpen though. Big velocity and that breaking ball could move him real quickly if he can throw strikes.

-The Insider-

Yes. I wonder what Louisville's infield will look like with Costanzo back in Double-A.

Yes. I wonder what Louisville's infield will look like with Costanzo back in Double-A.
    Soto, Valaika, Janish and a yet to be determined third baseman would be my guess.

Pitching looks pretty dominant. The lineup should be decent, but I don't see much in the way of power. Hopefully they'll be a fun team to watch in their first season.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Pitching looks pretty dominant. The lineup should be decent, but I don't see much in the way of power. Hopefully they'll be a fun team to watch in their first season.
    Joel Guzman has big time power. He hit 33 home runs in AA back in 2010. Costanzo has some solid pop as well.

-The Insider-

Yeah, I really meant at third base, sorry.

And Joel Guzman, the same flamed-out Guzman that was once a can't-miss prospect for Los Angeles back in 2005? Ehhh

Yeah, I really meant at third base, sorry.

And Joel Guzman, the same flamed-out Guzman that was once a can't-miss prospect for Los Angeles back in 2005? Ehhh
    That same one. He crushes not-good pitching. There is plenty of that at the AA level. Not really a prospect, but a guy who can do damage at the AA level.

Should be a good team for Pensacola. There might be five relievers from this team that make it to the show. Add Corcino and Sulburan (maybe Villareal) and you've got enough pitching for sure.

Power's going to be iffy, but I'm assuming many of these guys end up with some, though not as many as at Bakersfield.

Mark Serrano in the bullpen? That should be interesting to watch

Thanks a lot, don't know too much about non-reds prospects. Hopefully Guzman has the same effect that Eric Campbell had on Bakersfield last year. Some guys just really know how to play at a certain level, and no higher.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Mark Serrano in the bullpen? That should be interesting to watch
    He has always been expected to become a reliever. He has a decent fastball and one of the best sliders in the organization, but there isn't a whole lot there beyond that. I'm surprised the conversion took as long as it did, but I'd bet money that he reaches the majors as a reliever.

Turn Off Ads?