Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds trade Juan Francisco to Braves for RHP J.J. Hoover

Re: Reds trade Juan Francisco to Braves for RHP J.J. Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    leave me alone, I dont care a whit or an iota what you think
    Problem what I think is on target, you know it and it bugs the heck out of you...

2. Turn Off Ads?

who had more homers this spring an out of shape francuisco or your wate of a garbage strikeout machine

who had more homers this spring an out of shape francuisco or your wate of a garbage strikeout machine
    I am not looking for Stubbs to be a Home run guy, that is part of the problem why he strikes out so much. How are okay with a guy coming into camp so out of shape and not ready to play? You can improve on strike out ratio, you can't improve laziness...

you cannot improve stubbs he is a stubbornprima donna, you will see how productive is when francisco gets a chance, that is the last time I am responding to your useless inanities, stubbs failure to improve last year is mental laziness

you cannot improve stubbs he is a stubbornprima donna, you will see how productive is when francisco gets a chance, that is the last time I am responding to your useless inanities, stubbs failure to improve last year is mental laziness
    So he gets one year and that's it? How many chances has Juan been given and he shows up fat and out of shape? So instead of letting him continue to be a Red and just put Fraizer in AAA they traded him...hmm tells me that those in the know...knew what they had...

Would that make him a 'Stubbs'born prima donna?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Francisco strikes out just the same, with an even more frightening walk rate and already mediocre defense. He's no more than a bench player.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

if he is a bench player then subbs belongs in high school

Hoover's numbers last year:

2.64 ERA, 10.0 K/9, 3.4 K/BB,

Hoover's numbers from the Futures game:

1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K.

And here's some quotes from a Braves board about Hoover, concerning the trade:

"He would have likely been in the bullpen as early as late this season. He is a very, very solid right handed reliever."

"Juan Francisco provides depth for the Braves while Chippity is out -- or if he even returns. But giving up JJ Hoover? That was a lot to give up. I would have given up Todd Redmond instead. JJ Hoover is going to be a pretty good middle of the rotation starter and/or middle reliever "

"Everytime I walked into my local minor league stadium (Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs) last season JJ Hoover was on the board showing the International League stat leaders. And now we trade him for some guy that evidently showed up to Spring Training overweight and without having properly rehabilitated his leg issue in the offseason. "

"117 strikeouts in 107 innings. 2.64 ERA. Hoover is a good pitcher. Francisco is one of the worst players that the Braves could get. They already have a power hitter who strikes out a lot."

"Hoover was a top ten prospect for the Braves."

Seems like the kid has a good upside. hopefully he can contribute to the bullpen sometime this year. i like the idea of fresh arms that can throw hard and strike people out come August/September.

Turn Off Ads?