Turn Off Ads?

Thread: im a reds and cubs fan

mdj89

im a reds and cubs fan

Does it make sence to be a Reds and Cubs fan? I like both teams but the Cubs are my second favorite.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vottobot

Re: im a reds and cubs fan

Quote Originally Posted by mdj89 View Post
    Does it make sence to be a Reds and Cubs fan? I like both teams but the Cubs are my second favorite.
    sense? not really, but to each his own
    Go Redlegs!!

You disgust me!

Just kidding. As long as when they play each other you root for the Redlegs, I dont think anyone here will have a problem with it.

Its better than being a fan if the Cardinals!

When the Braves were on TBS all the time, I became a Braves fan for a while. The Reds were still my favorite team but I also enjoyed watching Atlanta play as well.

When has sense had anything to do with being a fan of a sports team?
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

I've never been able to truly consider myself a FAN of another team, but there are plenty I like and actively root for when they aren't playing Cincinnati. If the Reds were contracted or vanished for some reason, my allegiance would move to Tampa Bay. They're my go-to
    AL team - they're easily the best run team in baseball, and you gotta love them climbing over New York and Boston. Great story with great baseball people.

I root for ANY Central div. team once the Cards are eliminated....exept the ASTRO's! I hated the killer B's and those great pitchers they had. Who am I gonna hate if they go to the AL?

I live within walking distance of Tropicana Field. I can dig the Rays organization, and the way they play baseball. It's a great success story, and the people here in this region DO care about the team ALOT, but for various reasons, don't go to the games.

it will likely be years before the Rays and Reds play again, so don't gotta worry about that (even though there is no "clash," as the Reds are clearly tops in my book).

For years I was neutral until I went to Reds vs. Cubs games and the Cubs fans just completely turn me into a bitter Cubs hater. Sorry

You can root for whoever you want just as long as you stick with them during their losing years. The Cubs-Reds isn't the same rivalry as the Cardinals-Cubs or Yankees-Red Sox.

I can't root for another team, but there are players that I enjoy watching. I watch Justin Verlander pitch every chance I get. I also like to watch guys like Brian Mccann, Justin Upton (Jay Bruce west), Matt Kemp, Roy Halladay. I am fans of those guys, but not the teams they play on. That said, I loathe the Cubs, I can't deal with some of their fans. I think Cardinal fans and Reds fans can agree that Cubs fans by and large are harder to deal with than any other fanbase. That doesn't mean all cubs fans are d bags, but a lot are. I hate the Cards more than the Cubs, but the fans are a different story.
    Let's get weird!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I have always been a Reds fan. But due to my location, the Cubs were on TV alot while I was growing up. I developed a bond with them, but when they did realignment and ended up in the same division as us......the bond aint what it used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I've never been able to truly consider myself a FAN of another team, but there are plenty I like and actively root for when they aren't playing Cincinnati. If the Reds were contracted or vanished for some reason, my allegiance would move to Tampa Bay. They're my go-to
    AL team - they're easily the best run team in baseball, and you gotta love them climbing over New York and Boston. Great story with great baseball people.
    This prob fits me too-othetr temas I "like", but wouldnt consider myself a fan. Tigers-my dads fav team so grew up with them as well as the Reds. Rays-I live near Durham and get to a lot of Bulls games, so see the future Rays there.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?