Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 Man Roster

25 Man Roster

With the desicion to be made tonight and announced in the morning what do you guys think the 25 man roster will be?

heres what I think:
    Starters:
    Votto
    Dat Dude
    Cozart
    Rolen
    Hannigan
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Bruce

Bench:
    Cairo
    Frazier
    Valdez
    Ludwick
    Mes
    Janish-Stays with the big club until Masset comes off DL

Starting Rotation:
    Cueto
    Latos
    Arroyo
    Bailey
    Leake-He better be in the rotation

Bullpen:
    Marshall
    Ondrusek
    Bray
    Arredondo
    LeCure
    Chapman

IDK if I would carry 11 pitchers but that has to be what there going to do with Francis being sent to AAA to start the season. just seems like alot of guys to have on the bench. I really could care less now who makes the team or not because we have our starters in place. I just really want Leake to be in the rotation. I also would like Aroldis to start since I think he deserves it but I just think theres no way Bailey goes to the pen. This is really going to be interesting. I dont think Ive ever been this excited to see who makes the 25 man roster and rotation coming out of camp

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 25 Man Roster

Nice post. Seems pretty accurate to me but I think Chapman takes either Leake or Baileys spot in the rotation. I think the Reds brass wants to see him in there and they also know that he will draw a crowd every fifth night.

I also see Willie Harris making it over Janish. Much more versatile AND with the trade of Fransisco is the only lefty pinch hitter on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Nice post. Seems pretty accurate to me but I think Chapman takes either Leake or Baileys spot in the rotation. I think the Reds brass wants to see him in there and they also know that he will draw a crowd every fifth night.

I also see Willie Harris making it over Janish. Much more versatile AND with the trade of Fransisco is the only lefty pinch hitter on the roster.
    Agree.

I really wished they would put Chapman in AAA for at least a month to let him get some more work and go with Leake, Bronson, Cueto, Latos and Bailey in the starting rotation. I want no part of Chapman in the pen in Cincy as it serves no purpose but to stroke Dusty's ego. My guess is maybe they will start Chapman in the rotation and put Leake in AAA since he has an option and see what happens.

The final roster, it seems:

Cueto
    Latos
    Arroyo
    Leake
    Bailey

Chapman
    Marshall
    Arredondo
    Bray
    Ondrusek
    LeCure

Mes
    Hanigan

Votto
    Phillips
    Cozart
    Rolen
    Cairo
    Frazier
    Valdez

Ludwick
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Bruce
    Harris

Janish was optioned to Louisville. Harris becomes the 3rd lefty bat on the team behind Bruce and Votto. 6 relievers (3 of whom can reliably pitch 3 innings or more) suggests that some of them may get longer stints until Masset returns or somebody else gets promoted.

Harris Career vs. RHP:

.335 /.357 /.692

Harris 2011 vs. RHP:

.325 /.306 /.631

Not exactly power numbers there.

Willie Harris won a spot over Paul Janish. SMDH. Well, Dusty never had any use for Janish. That was pretty obvious. If ST was an open audition, Janish won it hands down. Guess that open audition wasn't really very open after all. I would say Harris had the edge because he hits left-handed, but as shown above, he really doesn't hit left-handed. This should put the final in the coffin of those who still don't believe that Dusty has a man-crush on Veteran Creaminess. It is huge. It is big-time, dude.

Harris - .260/.315/.320/.635
    Valdez - .327/.377/.347/.724
    Janish - .310/.412/.500/.912
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-02-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Harris Career vs. RHP:

.335 /.357 /.692

Harris 2011 vs. RHP:

.325 /.306 /.631

Not exactly power numbers there.
    Don't think anyone was saying he was a power option, just an available lefty off the bench over Janisch.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Don't think anyone was saying he was a power option, just an available lefty off the bench over Janisch.
    No. When you can neither get on base nor hit with power against RHP, you are not a lefty option off the bench.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Willie Harris won a spot over Paul Janish. SMDH. Well, Dusty never had any use for Janish. That was pretty obvious. If ST was an open audition, Janish won it hands down. Guess that open audition wasn't really very open after all. I would say Harris had the edge because he hits left-handed, but as shown above, he really doesn't hit left-handed. This should put the final in the coffin of those who still don't believe that Dusty has a man-crush on Veteran Creaminess. It is huge. It is big-time, dude.

Harris - .260/.315/.320/.635
    Valdez - .327/.377/.347/.724
    Janish - .310/.412/.500/.912
    Dude, Janish has proved he can't hit at the big league level. Why keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Dude, Janish has proved he can't hit at the big league level. Why keep him?
    Because he is a better play than Willie Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Because he is a better play than Willie Harris?
    Probably a better question would be, when would you use Paul Janish on this roster?

In my mind he's a 3B, SS, 2B defensive replacement on a team with GG caliber at 2b/SS and a million 3rd basemen. I just think he's a bad fit.

He hit pretty good this spring. at least good enouph to make the team IMO. He really doesnt fit tho I do agree with that. Cairo is our main backup infielder. Lets see what Janish does in Louisville in terms of hitting and then that will answer our question of what he can do for this team. I pray that Cozart stays healthy but Janish is the logical choice to replace him as the every day SS if that were to happen so maybe thats how he could fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    He hit pretty good this spring. at least good enouph to make the team IMO. He really doesnt fit tho I do agree with that. Cairo is our main backup infielder. Lets see what Janish does in Louisville in terms of hitting and then that will answer our question of what he can do for this team. I pray that Cozart stays healthy but Janish is the logical choice to replace him as the every day SS if that were to happen so maybe thats how he could fit in.
    Ya safe bet Janish is back if they actually need a starting SS.

Harris- While I understand the desire to have a left-handed bat on the bench, if that bat is less productive than the right handed bats on the bench versus RHP- it seems to be a very poor option. I also worry how much playing time Harris will get to keep him "sharp."

Turn Off Ads?