Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where (or who) are they?

Re: Where (or who) are they?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/Jamieblog
    Jamie Ramsey ‏ @Jamieblog
    That's great to hear. I'm glad he recovered from TJ in time for this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Meanwhile, Jordan Hotchkiss has not been heard from. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Meanwhile, Jordan Hotchkiss has not been heard from. Anyone?
    I forget what his injury is, but I know he's sidelined with something. I'd guess it could be some shoulder inflammation since he has dealt with that before.

Just curious, but has anyone heard anything from Jaren Matthews at all? Did the Reds cut him, or is he dealing with an injury? Don't see him listed anywhere.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=true&sid=t423

He was placed this week on the Bakersfield roster and played Monday night. He must have been in extended spring training prior to that, although I don't know if that was injury-related.

For some reason, the transaction was reported as Jon Matthews; but it was evidently Jared.

Or maybe his twin brother Jaren Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Or maybe his twin brother Jaren Matthews.
    Yeah, him.

(I could go ahead and fix it, but then your post wouldn't make any sense. I couldn't do that to you, td.)

Update on jordan hotchkiss, after surgery last summer for rotator cuff inflamation. He was doing well, he came early into spring training still working with his trainer. Things were looking great and then around april 9th he was diagnosed with a 50 percent tear in his labrum..
    The reds wanted to work with him, but that is a real hard injury for a pitcher to recover from, it meant another year of surgery and rehab.
    It was a hard decision but at his age of 27 he felt it was best to just "retire"
    Anyway just an fyi......

Quote Originally Posted by ghotchkiss View Post
    Update on jordan hotchkiss, after surgery last summer for rotator cuff inflamation. He was doing well, he came early into spring training still working with his trainer. Things were looking great and then around april 9th he was diagnosed with a 50 percent tear in his labrum..
    The reds wanted to work with him, but that is a real hard injury for a pitcher to recover from, it meant another year of surgery and rehab.
    It was a hard decision but at his age of 27 he felt it was best to just "retire"
    Anyway just an fyi......
    Great information, which evidently comes from very close to the source. Thanks, and best wishes to Jordan. He'll always have that Pitcher of the Year award to look back on.

Hotchkiss was fun to root for. He got to live a dream many of us never will. Best of luck to him.

Best of luck to "Hot Shot." One of the really good people in the game. Jordan will do well with whatever he chooses to pursue.

Turn Off Ads?