Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST: Reds vs. White Sox Sat. 4/01

ST: Reds vs. White Sox Sat. 4/01

Frazier's spring plus Chipper's injury equal J.J. Hoover per Dusty. Hoover is a converted starter and will be in the bullpen now. Dusty says this move does not finalize the roster. Decisions will be made tonight since they are breaking camp tomorrow. I believe Dusty just said Francis will go to AAA to start the season. He has only relieved once in his career and they want him to stay stretched out because most teams are going to need more than five starters during a season.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ST: Reds vs. White Sox Sat. 4/01

Phillips 2b
    Cozart ss
    Votto dh
    Bruce rf
    Ludwick lf
    Lutz 1b
    Stubbs cf
    Frazier 3b
    Mesoraco c

Latos p

Raise your hand if you want to see Dallas Latos throw out the first pitch - every game.

My six favorite words in the world are "The Reds are on the radio"!
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Broken-bat looping liner and there goes the no-hitter. De Aza stands on first.
    Morel pops out in foul territory over by the Chicago dugout.
    Dunn flails away at off-speed pitch and then grabs some wood.
    Back-to-back ex-Reds as Paul Konerko steps in. Marty is quoting someone as saying Konerko is the best fastball hitter in baseball and you cannot throw a fastball by him.
    And, as proof, Konerko rips a fastball to the left field wall to drive in De Aza, who was running on the pitch.
    Alexi Ramirez strikes out at a ball in the dirt. Mesoraco fires to Lutz to record the third out in the inning.

1-0 Southsiders.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.

I thought this was supposed to be on MLB tv. Instead I'm getting "Yankeeography" and a million ads which I can get on YES 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be on MLB tv. Instead I'm getting "Yankeeography" and a million ads which I can get on YES 24/7.
    It may be on television but my wife is monopolizing the tube today. Can't watch too much of "The Housewives of ______".

Its scheduled to be on MLB, I gave up my Sunday afternoon so I could finally watch Latos, and instead they're running an old film about the game's greatest switch hitters. Thank you MLB. I just love incompetence.

'Didn't you used to be' Jake Peavy will take the ball for the Pale Hosemen.

Phillips walks on four straight outside the zone.
    (Dusty said in one spring training game he hit every half inning. 18 at-bats altogether. He relayed that the next day he could barely lift his arms.)
    Cozart lifts a major league fly ball to right for the first out.
    Phillips steals third without a throw. Reds are 30 for 37 in stolen bases this spring.
    Votto doubles off the glove of the left fielder. Phillips could only move over to third. Correction. Votto is given a single. Votto advanced to second on the throw.
    Bruce strikes out. I am going to beat this to death this year. A strike out is NOT the same as any other out.
    Ludwick follows Bruce's lead. 2nd and 3rd with one out. K. K. No runs. Where have I seen that before?

Correction: Phillips scored although I am 100 percent certain Marty said he had to stop at third.
    Correction: Gameday must be wrong. Phillips didn't score. Or maybe he did. I have no idea.

1-1.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.

"Eddie Murray was a tough out". Nuts to this, Bud Lite probaly banned Pete from the list. Thank you MLB. What channel is "Housewives" on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "Eddie Murray was a tough out". Nuts to this, Bud Lite probaly banned Pete from the list. Thank you MLB. What channel is "Housewives" on?
    Bravo. But my wife tapes them during the week so she can watch them all afternoon long.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    'Didn't you used to be' Jake Peavy will take the ball for the Pale Hosemen.

Phillips walks on four straight outside the zone.
    (Dusty said in one spring training game he hit every half inning. 18 at-bats altogether. He relayed that the next day he could barely lift his arms.)
    Cozart lifts a major league fly ball to right for the first out.
    He said Joey did the same thing the other day. Sounds like a good way to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bravo. But my wife tapes them during the week so she can watch them all afternoon long.
    Nuts. That's ok- "Some like it hot" is on TBS. Enjoy the game. Go Redlegs.

Pierzynski sends one down the right field line. Bruce hustles over and holds him to a single.
    Wild-pitch and Pierzynski moves up 90 feet.
    Frazier fields a ground ball, checks the runner and fires to first for the first out.
    Fukudome lines a single to center. Pierzynski playing station-to-station stops at third.
    Outstanding diving catch in left-center robs Gordon Gecko of extra bases. Runner tags and scores. 2-1.
    De Aza strikes out on a pitch in on his fists.

2-1. Chicago.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Lutz with a ringing double to start the home half of the second.
    Stubbs pushes a bunt to the right side to sacrifice Lutz over to third.
    Frazier is en fuego, lining the ball hard off the third baseman's glove to tie the game at 2.
    (Okay either Marty is wrong or Gameday is wrong. Marty just said the score is 2-1).
    It is irrelevant. Mesoraco gaps one for a triple to score Frazier. Marty says it is 2-2.
    Phillips rung up on a bad-call checked swing. Two out.
    Cozart skies to center.

Marty's score: 2-2.
    Gameday's score: 3-2 Reds.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Grounder to short gobbled up by Cozart. One away.
    Donkey walks on four pitches. Dunn lifted for a runner. Snap throw to first by Mesoraco nearly catches the runner napping.
    Lutz can't quite make an over-the-shoulder grab of a foul pop. Konerko gets another swing.
    Kelch just recapped the scoring. It is tied up at two.
    Konerko singles up the middle. 1st and 2nd.
    Second wild pitch on the day for Latos and the runner moves over to third. Runners on the corners now.
    (Kelch speculates the last position on the 25-man roster is between Frazier and Harris. If they pick Harris......)
    Shallow flare to right that Bruce gets to. They aren't running on Bruce's arm.
    Gameday is corrected and all is right in the ST world. Yay.
    Phillips makes a nice play on a slow bouncer to nip the not-so-speedy AJ Piersynski at first.

2-2.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Votto lines one for his second hit of the game.
    Bruce ropes one into the gap. 2nd and 3rd.
    Ludwick with a well-placed single up the middle to plate a pair. 4-2.
    Lutz pops one up to the right side of the infield. One out.
    Stubbs bounces to third. They get the force at second but no chance of doubling up Drew.
    Frazier goes down on strikes.

4-2. Reds.

And it is time to get ready for work. Hasta.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Turn Off Ads?