Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wonder if Reds regret..

Wonder if Reds regret..

Was watching the MLB network this weekend and they were showing an O's game from Ed Smith stadium. WOW a almost full house and some really nice upgrades have happened. Then I turn over and watch the Reds vs. Sox in catcus league and see an almost half empty stadium...I wonder now if the Reds might regret the move west over working out a deal with Sarasota like the O's did and have stayed in Florida....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wonder if Reds regret..

I know people who had spring/summer homes they bought in Florida specifically for ST, and went for the whole 2 months, or however long it is, every year. I doubt they picked up and moved to Phoenix. They very well could have lost a lot of ST fans.

I'm about 30 minutes from Saratota. I'm really bummed that I missed out on the Reds spring training experience by 2 years. I've been to a few practices of other teams around this west coast Florida region (Phillies and Blue Jays), but it's not the same as seeing my own team.

I had a chance to see the Reds at Ed Smith for a couple of seasons back in the 90's and yes the stadium did need a face lift. From what I saw on TV on Sunday it sure got one and after seeing the half empty stadium in AZ I think the Reds made a mistake with the move...

I think as an org they love AZ and the facilities there, but def think they lost some fans that could/would have made it to FL. I used to go almost every year, sometimes with my dad, sometimes with friends, and even a couple times by myself (one of the greatest weeks I have ever had, in college, threw a tent in back of my car and drove to Fl, followed the team around for a week-awesome!). It makes me sad I likely wont be able to get to Reds spring trainings again-AZ too far a drive from here for me. I liked Plant City ok, but Ed Smith was special to me-my great grandmother lived across the st from there,
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I thought the official name was "Tired Old Ed Smith Stadium"?

Vottobot

They will build a fan base in the desert just like they had to do a long time ago in Florida... Plus their facility now is apparently leagues better than the cramped space they had in Florida. I don't think they regret it all actually
    Go Redlegs!!

Turn Off Ads?