Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else is excited?

Who else is excited?

I'm super pumped that the new season starts this week. It seems that spring training has lasted to forever and I'm glad we are finally getting this thing underway. Does anyone have any opening day traditions?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who else is excited?

I don't yet, but the wife and I are going to have a cookout for us and some friends and then watch the game. Should be a lot of fun. Im tempted to go to the parade, but don't want to fight the crowds downtown.

-Matt

Actually, let me aim the question more towards the opening day menu. Is there anything, besides the usual burgers and brats, that you fix specifically for opening day or special baseball games?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Actually, let me aim the question more towards the opening day menu. Is there anything, besides the usual burgers and brats, that you fix specifically for opening day or special baseball games?
    Beer.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Seriously, its hard work opening a beer and pouring it to perfection in a frosty cold glass.

In all seriousness though, this is my son's 1st ever opening day. He was born just after Midway point last year. Took him to some games when he was 6 weeks which was fun, got pics of him being held by Yonder Alonso and Bill Bray. Pics of him having his Reds onesie signed by Chapman, Frazier, Alonso and Bray.

This year, will be watching opening day from home in the living room, on my brand new couch. Beer will be plentiful and so will couch space. Nothing fancy, just relaxation and Reds baseball with my 8 month old. Looking forward to it.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I'm excited for baseball to start, for sure. Not so much, I turn 40 on opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I'm excited for baseball to start, for sure. Not so much, I turn 40 on opening day.
    Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    43 for me!

I'm taking the day off work. I plan to take the maiden voyage on my standup paddleboard on the bay in the morning (don't care how cold it is either, I'm doing it), have breakfast with my wife, maybe a bike ride and/or a nap, then settle in on the couch or the deck with a barley soda to watch the game with my brother. Really looking forward to it. I love when Opening Day falls on my birthday...or is it the other way around?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

The premature warming in our region has had me making the mental switch to baseball for nigh on a month. I'm in May form, but the season has yet to start- get on with it, already!

And 47 for me in two weeks- but opening day always makes me 12.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 04-03-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Realized this is a birthday thread.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I normally develop a bad cough around 2 p.m. and have to leave work. I don't know why--it seems to happen every year.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I always take the day off from work, mainly so I can watch the game but somewhat because I work downtown and traffic is a nightmare on Opening Day.

Anyway, I'll be firing the grill up and will be fixing my household famous sirloin burgers for me and the boy and a grilled salmon steak for the wife. Veggie tray, and my grill-roasted new potatoes (also household famous) will be the side dishes. My mouth is watering already.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Always take the day off from work to go to the game. Get downtown a little before 9, head to the Sports Page for a goetta and cheese omelete. Then either go tailgating or bar hopping until it's time to watch the parade, or, just keep bar hopping until it is time to get to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    Always take the day off from work to go to the game. Get downtown a little before 9, head to the Sports Page for a goetta and cheese omelete. Then either go tailgating or bar hopping until it's time to watch the parade, or, just keep bar hopping until it is time to get to the stadium.
    Go to FirstWatch on 7th street instead of The Sports Page. The omelet's are better and you won't feel like you need a tetanus shot after you leave.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

^agreed. I LOVE First Watch.

The opening day for the Cards isn't until next week so I'll probably try to get off work early, get some steaks, some toasted ravioli, some beer, and enjoy the enjoyment.

Turn Off Ads?