Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Around the League

Around the League

Some observations:
    Good to see Santana and Strasbourg start well.

Not so happy to see Lohse and Dempster doing well. Oh well....

Can anyone explain Bartolo Colon throwing 8 innings and giving up 3 hits?

Oh, and Gomes went yard. I only want good things for him.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Around the League

Yeah, Dempster gave up a hit on his 1st pitch of the season and I can imagine the groan from the Cub's faithfull. Then he shuts them down cold 'till the 7th, hitless.

Kerry Wood & Co. come in and blow the slim lead. Some things never change.

Lohse, JC and Dempster were great...I wonder who's starting for the Brews today?

So far we have seen great pitching all around the league. I wouldn't put too much stock in that right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Hoss View Post
    So far we have seen great pitching all around the league. I wouldn't put too much stock in that right away.
    Oh, I put no stock in it at all. Cueto, Dempster and Lohse ALL pitch a gem about once every 4 starts. The Brews pitcher will probably throw one tonite.

I wonder how Braun will look at the plate? He says he's an innocent man, so I guess he will still hit well.

I love watching James Sheilds for some reason so I cant wait to see him today.

Volquez is still walking everyone in sight- Pads obviously thought what we thought about him at one time.

Kinda want to see the Queens debut tonight vs. the Royals

Volquez can get away with more walks in SD because the ball almost never leaves the yard. You don't get burned as easily.
    Last edited by improbus; 04-06-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Yea but he walked in 2 runs so I guess if you walk enough guys you can still get scorched. Walking in 2 runs is the same as giving up a 2 run shot. Just different ways to look at it.

However I do see his numbers being a little better pitching in Petco. Still tho hes a walk machine and some things dont change.

Glad to see Dunn hovering on opening day. I really want to see him bounce back.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I wonder who's starting for the Brews today?
    Gallardo. He didn't make it out of the 4th. Gave up 4 homers.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Sabathia gave up a grand salami in the first inning to Pena. Always good to see Yankee pitchers getting rocked.

Cards dominating the Brewers right now.

Not a good start for Yonder. 0 for 7 with 3 K's. I hope he starts killing the ball.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Glad to see Dunn hovering on opening day. I really want to see him bounce back.
    I see that homer put him in pretty elite company. Three-way tie for the most HR's on opening day. Ken Griffey, Jr. and Frank Robinson are the other two.

Yea I seen that stat on ESPN. all three of them guys were former Reds. I wonder how many of those HR were in a Reds uniform?

I like watching R.A. Dickey pitch. The guys is pretty good for a knuckle baller, and hes pitching good again today vs. the Braves

CoCo got a save today in Cleveland..Am I the only one that wouldn't mind him in the bullpen as of right now after everything that has happened to the Reds pen?(Madson and Masset)...He wouldn't have to be the primary closer.
    Last edited by DGullett35; 04-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.

francisco 0-4

Nice to see the Indians struggle (although its early). Absolutely can't stand that franchise.

Turn Off Ads?